Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ike Ibeabuchi would have been the next great heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOMINATION View Post
    Ibeabuchi is ridiculously overrated. He got his ass whooped by overrated one dimensional Tua and he was getting schooled by green Byrd before the stoppage. 18 of his 20 opponents were tomato cans. He gets dominated by Vitali, Wlad, Lewis, etc.
    Tell you what..he didnt quit against Byrd..and wouldnt lose to ross purity,corrie sanders or lamont brewster by ko i'll tell you that

Comment

Ibeabuchi is ridiculously overrated. He got his ass whooped by overrated one dimensional Tua and he was getting schooled by green Byrd before the stoppage. 18 of his 20 opponents were tomato cans. He gets dominated by Vitali, Wlad, Lewis, etc.

I normally agree with you but I have nothing but respect for the guy going toe-to-toe with a prime David Tua & beating him in an epic fight which broke a few records. He beat Tua at his own game, fair & square. I'd of give him a good chance vs Wlad & Lewis, he defo had talent.

Very good speed, power, size, athleticism, strength, a great chin, conditioning etc

Not sure how far he could of gone but he definitely would of gave any H/W major problems. Just a shame he had so many problems outside the ring, I guess we'll never know just how good the guy was.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
        Tell you what..he didnt quit against Byrd..and wouldnt lose to ross purity,corrie sanders or lamont brewster by ko i'll tell you that

Haha nicely put!

Comment

How can you beat any atg in any era and you lose to tomato cans in you own era? explain that klithoe fanboys

Comment

Bang on. The decision against Tua was horrendous and he was lucky to survive that fight. The judge that saw it 117-111 was corrupt because even the 114-113 was tough to justify. Last time I watched it back I remember Ike hitting a lot of air and Tua beating him up pretty badly. Ibeabuchi did well to see it through to the final bell. Tua must've wondered what was holding Ike up at the time. At the end Tua thinks he's won and Ibeabuchi can barely walk - his corner come out to help hold him up.

Lewis would have schooled him. A fighter like Holyfield would have caused him all kinds of trouble.

Comment

Back to the top!

Any more thoughts on ibeabuchi in today's age?

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                How can you beat any atg in any era and you lose to tomato cans in you own era? explain that klithoe fanboys
                If you get better after losses, i suppose its possible. I think its totally feasible that current Wlad at his best would be a handful for any HW who ever fought

Comment

Originally posted by piojo del norte View Post
                  I think he would have. Your thoughts?
                  He got a close decision over Tua who should've won that fight anyway. So now if you go 12 with Tua you're the greatest ever?

Comment

Ya he kind of remind me of a heavyweight Duncan Dukawarri or something like that. I can't remember the guys name.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                      Lol! Wlad was never KOed, he was TKOed. Moreover he never was KOed in his prime.

You know who was?!

It is amazing how Lennox's fanboys like to talk **** about K2 - how they didn't fight ATG and so on... Which prime ATG did Lennox fight?!

Lennox's best win is Vitali and we all know how convincing it was.... Bowe fought better fighters...

Comment

Working...
                      X