No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Murat Bout Draws 1 Million Viewers On SHO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins-Murat Bout Draws 1 Million Viewers On SHO

Emotions remain mixed on whether fans love or loathe Bernard Hopkins, but one thing is for sure; both sides are tuning in whenever he fights.

Hopkins’ light heavyweight title defense against mandatory challenger Karo Murat, which aired live on Showtime, was witnessed by one million viewers at its peak viewing points, according to Nielsen Media Research.

The number is good for the second best for the network during a 2013 campaign that continues to draw industry-wide high praise. With the win, the 48–year young pugilist became the oldest fighter ever to successfully defend a major title, breaking his own record set just over two years ago.

The future Hall of Famer has been inconsistent at the live gate, but continues to serve as a ratings hit when not forced to carry a pay-per-view event. His title-winning effort over Tavoris Cloud this past March drew 1.2 million viewers on what may be his last ever fight on HBO, who boasts a subscriber base of roughly 25% more than Showtime, which means Hopkins’ last fight on each network registered the same share. [Click Here To Read More]

Nah I don't believe those numbers! I think a lot of that should be credited to rosado and quillin

Comment

Great news! Boxing is doing numbers this year.

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
        Nah I don't believe those numbers! I think a lot of that should be credited to rosado and quillin
        Hopkin has always been huge ratings draw.

Hopkins Pasca IIl: 1.8 million
        Hopkins Dawson II: 1.6 million
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 10-29-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SERVILEV View Post
          LOL!!!! Undercard Quillin probably drew in 14 people

Comment

mikey garcia, although hbo, draws more w/o a good undercard

secondly, psa to hopkins: NO ONE WANTS TO SEE YOU FIGHT MAYWEATHER, STOP THINKING ABOUT A HUGE PAYCHECK

1) you pose no threat of a lucky power punch nd murat was tagging you. mayweather wil potshot you nd do the saturday night fever dance all over the ring on your slow powerless ass
            2) mayweather dont give a dam about legacy, he dont give a shiet who is nd who isnt on his resume. he can get just as much fighting a scrub 47 lber (khan, guerrero, ortiz) nd mayweather not going to 60 nd neither are you bhop!

stay in yo lane & know yo role granpa! lol

Comment

Good numbers. No one thought much of Murat.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                Hopkin has always been huge ratings draw.

Hopkins Pascal II: 1.8 million
                Hopkins Dawson II: 1.6 million
                Also

Hop-Calzaghe: 1.89Mill
                Hop-Pascal I: 1.6Mill
                Hop-Cloud: 1.2Mill

Comment

Didn't know they played Showtime in prison.

Comment

Hopkins was drawing more on HBO so what does that tell you? HBO > Showtime

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Working...
                    X