No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Challenges Matthew Macklin to a Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Andy Lee Challenges Matthew Macklin to a Fight

Irish middleweight boxer Andy Lee, speaking on Newstalk Sport Saturday, has called out compatriot Matthew Macklin for what could prove to be one of the biggest fights in recent Irish boxing history, and a make or break bout for both fighters.

Lee views the fight as a critical moment in both fighters’ careers, telling host Ger Gilroy- “A win for either of us would propel us to a world title fight again” and predicted “whoever wins the fight will go on and whoever loses the fight will have to either pack it in or start again.”
    [Click Here To Read More]

Same promoter, same nationality, seems like a natural but Macklin has more momentum at the moment and might get a better offer elsewhere, especially if the rumours of Chavez-Macklin are true.

Comment

Now we're ****ing talking! Macklin-Lee makes a lot of sense, but I think their promoter might wait until their careers are a little further in the deep end before making it. I can see Macklin and Lee both getting another title shot in a year or so.

I'd rather they fight each other, though.

Comment

Lee, Macklin, Murray and Barker should only fight each other from here on out to the end of their careers in an ideal world. Lining their pockets in fan-friendly fights.

Give them their own title belt to fight for. Last man standing wins. It'll be Macklin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Lee, Macklin, Murray and Barker should only fight each other from here on out to the end of their careers in an ideal world. Lining their pockets in fan-friendly fights.

Give them their own title belt to fight for. Last man standing wins. It'll be Macklin.

4 guys on martinez's hit list...2 down, 2 to go.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Now we're ****ing talking! Macklin-Lee makes a lot of sense, but I think their promoter might wait until their careers are a little further in the deep end before making it. I can see Macklin and Lee both getting another title shot in a year or so.

I'd rather they fight each other, though.
            Obvious date aswell st patricks day next year preferably in Ireland with the recent storm in New York doubt it would be viable so bring them back home

Comment

good fight, lean toward Macklin in this
              wanna see him get another crack at a title next yr
              Lee isn't bad, but Macklin is tougher than him
              rough fight where Macklin can overtake him in the late rds

Comment

I'd love to see it I reckon Andy would give him a good fight for a few rounds before macklin eventually beats him down and stops him in the mid to late rounds

Comment

If Macklin can't get a title fight it's a good match for him. Good fight for Lee too as it bypasses 'the get back into contention fights' and puts him straight in with a top contender.

Comment

I like Andy Lee very much, very good jab.

Comment

Working...
                    X