Once and for all who was the better fighter in his Prime Roy or Floyd

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Roy beats prime Floyd.

Comment

Jones was more athletically gifted, but Floyd had superior skill. Floyd has declined you can see it in that highlight reel.

Comment

Originally posted by hitman smax View Post
        Roy Jones, no doubt about it. Floyd has hand picked his way to the top the entire way while Roy Jones had to go through truly great fighters at the top of their game, like Bernard Hopkins and James Toney.

Mayweather doesn't have a single win vs. a great fighter in their prime. He's beaten several good fighters in their prime, but no great fighters.
        I hate when people say he hand picked his fights. Who is this magical guy that he didnt fight thats a superstar beating everyone else but Floyd Mayweather who wont fight him? Please tell me because i would like to know.

Comment

I'll answer or attempt to answer when Floyd is retired.

Comment

Roy based on his athleticism, style, charisma.

Comment

Prime Roy

Comment

Roy.

Mayweather is like Hopkins. He's refining his skills and becoming more technically sound with his age.

Comment

Roy was a great, but Floyd is bettter at everything but athleticism. And thats neglected bye footwork. Plus Roy dropped his hands too much. 2 different weight classes btw.

Floyd might ko Sergio with the low hands.

Comment

When Floyd beats someone as good as Hopkins or Toney then we can talk about them in the same breath until then mentioning them together is insulting

Comment

I give it to Roy, but floyd is #2 in the last 25 years for sure. Sweat pea #3

Comment

Working...
                      X