Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: "Cotto Turned Down 7.5 Million Offer From Pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't blame Cotto. I wouldn't want another beatdown while retreating on my hind legs the whole fight.

Comment

• Good for Cotto. Be your own man and stop looking desperate for a Manny fight(that we all know wont go your way) like JMM.

You want his strap? Then fight Cotto at his weight

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
        http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz_0912dd12.htm

You add the 35-40% Cotto would have goten and the number goes to 12-13 million dollars. With Cotto is not about the money dude has pride and is not like he needs it.
        Good! Fight at the weight required Manny!

Comment

• Cant blame Cotto for saying f u c k you to your CW and none drug testing ass

Comment

• Cotto promotions might be running the majority of the show so Cotto is going t make more than his purse for the Trout fight.

More than likely those 7.5 million was tied up another contract with Arum and less revenue.

If the incentive was their to make more money I'm sure that the Cotto camp would had taken it cause they are in the business of making the most money they can

Comment

• Originally posted by AnimalisticMeth View Post
              http://www.doghouseboxing.com/Benz/Benz_0912dd12.htm

You add the 35-40% Cotto would have goten and the number goes to 12-13 million dollars. With Cotto is not about the money dude has pride and is not like he needs it.
              If Cotto did turn down this much money to fight Pacquaio, I would guess it was because of one or more of these reasons: 1) Cotto would have to fight him at a catchweight; 2) Arum was offering him no percentage on the PPV buys and/or 3) Cotto would have to give Arum options on his next three fights to get the fight with Pacquaio.

Considering that Cotto had to sign a new contract with Arum and fight Pac at a catchweight to get the first fight, these reasons are very likely.

Comment

Working...
              X