No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Glen Tapia, Jesse Hart Ready For A.C. Battles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Glen Tapia, Jesse Hart Ready For A.C. Battles

Atlantic City, NJ - The 'Jersey Boy' Glen Tapia is back in action, taking on Keenan Collins at Bally's Atlantic City on Saturday, June 14.

The Jersey Boy, fighting at junior middleweight, has a record of 20-1 with 12 KOs. Collins is 15-8-3, 10 KOs. The main event is scheduled for 10 rounds. This will be Tapia's first bout since he took on and lost to James Kirkland in December here in Atlantic City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What Tapia lacked was defense. I'm not sure Roach is the best trainer for that. He would have done much better with a Mayweather Sr, Virgil Hunter, Nazeem Richardson, etc but who knows maybe he picked up some tips and tricks that could make a difference. Time will tell.

Comment

I hope Tapia is alright. That fight should've been stopped way before it was. There was no need for a young fighter like him to take a beating at the hands of a grown ass man. Horrible job by his corner.

Comment

Originally posted by Pound4PoundStud View Post
        What Tapia lacked was defense. I'm not sure Roach is the best trainer for that. He would have done much better with a Mayweather Sr, Virgil Hunter, Nazeem Richardson, etc but who knows maybe he picked up some tips and tricks that could make a difference. Time will tell.
        Who has mayweather sr. Trained to big victories other than Floyd? Virgil hunter is the misty overrated trainer in the history of boxing. Nazzem I see, but tapias issue was not defense, it was stamina. Dude was gassed after the third round. He's from Jersey, 10 mins from me, so i've been following him for a long time. He's a good prospect with good boxing skills, just need to focus more on the small things like stamina and angles and less to the weight room

Comment

Originally posted by chepe009 View Post
          Who has mayweather sr. Trained to big victories other than Floyd? Virgil hunter is the misty overrated trainer in the history of boxing. Nazzem I see, but tapias issue was not defense, it was stamina. Dude was gassed after the third round. He's from Jersey, 10 mins from me, so i've been following him for a long time. He's a good prospect with good boxing skills, just need to focus more on the small things like stamina and angles and less to the weight room
          Mayweather Sr is known for being a defensive trainer, is he not? Floyd Sr's work with Floyd Jr is enough to convince any reasonable man of that. In the area of defense I'll take Floyd Sr over Roach any day.

As far as stamina goes you have no argument from me there but I'm not sure you had your glasses on if you can honestly say Tapia DID NOT lack defense in the fight. Kirkland couldn't miss and found a home for just about every punch he threw. Umm... that to me is a SERIOUS lack of defense.

Comment

I thought Hart was moving up..... fought a good opponent earlier in Findley....guess we going slower than I thought

Comment

[QUOT his ballE=Pound4PoundStud;14660229]Mayweather Sr is known for being a defensive trainer, is he not? Floyd Sr's work with Floyd Jr is enough to convince any reasonable man of that. In the area of defense I'll take Floyd Sr over Roach any day.

As far as stamina goes you have no argument from me there but I'm not sure you had your glasses on if you can honestly say Tapia DID NOT lack defense in the fight. Kirkland couldn't miss and found a home for just about every punch he threw. Umm... that to me is a SERIOUS lack of defense.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, DLH and hatton both wanted to improve their defense and thought Floyd sr. Was they're answer. You seen what happened to both when they fought pac right? Check who their trainer. Point in case is, if you're a slugger and know nothing ensemble, stick to your guns and be the best slugger. Shaq knew he was a great big man so he focused on his post skills, not His ball handling skills. Tapia was doing good first two rounds then gassed out causing his already bad defense to worsen. Also, Kirkland is no bum and could have just been the better man that day no matter what shape or how good Tapia Def was. He's still young and has a lot more fights left in him

Comment

Wishing Glen the best! Great guy with wonderful skills. I'm expecting this warrior to move past his lost to Stevenson and learn from that experience. Happy that Freddie has a watchful eye over him as well. Go Glen!!!

Comment

I'd love to see Derek Edwards vs Jesse Hart next. He gave a good account of himself in his last two. Nearly knocking out Korobov in the first and knocking out Badou Jack in the first

Comment

Tapia should eat this dude for breakfast. Nice comeback fights after that brutal Kirk Johnson loss.

Comment

Working...
                    X