No announcement yet.

Diego Chaves VS Keith Thurman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
    I think Chavez's combinations and counters are too sharp for Thurman and I agree Thurman will try box (For the first few rounds anyway) But I think Diego is the better boxer as well. Don't let his arm length fool you, Gamboa's arms are very short and he has no problem out boxing longer guys.
    Good post. This fight has all the makings of FOTY. I agree, I think Thurman will use his boxing, and Chaves will be the aggressor.

Comment

I love Thurman and the dude is from my hometown. But I'd love to see another Argie on the scene. With that said, I'm not picking a winner.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

50/50 fight IMO, I would not be shocked if Chaves pulls off the upset or at least impress a lot of people in a controversial losing effort or you could see Keith Thurman take things to the next level and come out and win in impressive fashion

This is a good test for both fighters and a step up in competition for BOTH, two up and coming undefeated prospects on the rise and looking to make a name for themselves, both have excellent power, this should be a excellent match up

The winner of this should get the winner of Paulie vs Broner, Thurman is huge though, you can consider him a legit threat at 147 and 154 right now
        Last edited by sicko; 05-21-2013, 01:07 PM.

Comment

I think Chavez's combinations and counters are too sharp for Thurman and I agree Thurman will try box (For the first few rounds anyway) But I think Diego is the better boxer as well. Don't let his arm length fool you, Gamboa's arms are very short and he has no problem out boxing longer guys.
          Chaves is a rawer/inexperienced version of Matthysse imo, and I really think he has potential. Beating a hyped prospect/contender in Thurman would do wonders as this will be his first time on Showtime.

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle
            Quote:

Originally Posted by BUNGALOWS

Chaves is the real deal, but he has a short reach for a guy that like to box/punch. Not the most mobile cat, and hasn't really faced any world beaters.

At least "one time" just beat Zaveck. That's a very quality win.

Not going with KO, but I'll say UD. Thurman might turn into the primary boxer in this one. He's got the legs, might as well use em.

I get the point you're trying to make but the only problem with that is that Gamboa's hand and foot speed were unmatchable.

Comment

It's a 50/50 fight for me and I like both guys but ima go with Chavez on this one. I'm just glad we get a fight like this made

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                Chaves is a rawer/inexperienced version of Matthysse imo, and I really think he has potential. Beating a hyped prospect/contender in Thurman would do wonders as this will be his first time on Showtime.
                I'm sorry but this is stupid! Chavez is far better than Matthysse. Chavez is a slick Boxer/Puncher and Matthysse is face first brawler that throws straight punches. Seriously I'm sorry but this is ****ing ******ed. And Thurman is not a hypejob he is a top prospect if anything Matthysse is the Hypejob.

Comment

Thurman wins Chaves has beaten no one off any real note defense is ok keeps his hands up and moves his head but in attack he is just overly reckless.Thurman looks a good fighter.Chaves's only hope is he can take him late and drown him

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad?
                    Thurman wins Chaves has beaten no one off any real note defense is ok keeps his hands up and moves his head but in attack he is just overly reckless.Thurman looks a good fighter.Chaves's only hope is he can take him late and drown him
                    Funny thing is that Chaves can be pretty accurate when he's not being reckless.

Comment

I'm sorry but this is stupid! Chavez is far better than Matthysse. Chavez is a slick Boxer/Puncher and Matthysse is face first brawler that throws straight punches. Seriously I'm sorry but this is ****ing ******ed. And Thurman is not a hypejob he is a top prospect if anything Matthysse is the Hypejob.
                      Chaves is not better than Matthysse in any way. His chin hasn't been tested yet. He has been a protected fighter for years, he fought no one of Thurmans level. Chaves has speed but he is not slick. I hope for competitive fight and Chaves to look good but Thurman is the bigger and stronger guy he should win this.
                      Jose Miranda, the one of the link you are sharing has been KOed eleven times before that fight. I was surprised Chaves took this fight.
                      Last edited by Nicolino; 05-21-2013, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X