No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma is Back on The Scene With Bayamon Victory

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juanma is Back on The Scene With Bayamon Victory

By Jake Donovan - Juan Manuel Lopez made his long awaited ring return Saturday evening at Coliseo Ruben Rodriguez in Bayamon, Puerto Rico. The former two-division champ returned in emphatic fashion, winning nearly every round before stopping Aldimar Silva Santos (18-3, 9KO) in the ninth round of their DirecTV PPV-televised main event.

The bout was the first ring appearance for Lopez (31-2, 28KO) since his repeat stoppage loss to Orlando Salido last March. Lopez landed in hot water with stinging post-fight comments accusing referee Roberto Ramirez Sr. of allowing his alleged gambling habits to influence his judgment in the ring.

The Puerto Rico Boxing Commission voted to suspend Lopez for the remainder of 2012, the longest inactive stretch of his career. The ring rust didn't appear to have much effect, other than Silva lasting longer than expected. [Click Here To Read More]

Have not seen the fight...waiting for YT link.

Comment

Nothing special, same brawler style. No defense
      Last edited by Puya; 02-03-2013, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Good to see Juanma back with a good win. Silva was very game. Juanma still looked vilnerable at times though but he def placed his shots well as the fight went on and he still has those heavy hands. Lets see him at 130

Comment

I don't expect much from JuanMa.

Comment

Juanma fought a guy hand picked for him to take out quick & look good, but someone forgot to tell that to the smaller Silva from a lower weight class, cause Juanma hit Silva with EVERYTHING in his arsenal & Silva kept coming back swinging even when he got knocked down, he got up & was swinging & even landing hard shots that made Juanma back up!! If the Ref had not stopped the fight, Silva would have taken Juanma the distance.. After the 5th round Juanma had his mouth open sucking air & Juanma's team even hired Puerto Rican trainer Freddy Trinidad work with Juanma to better his defense, but I seen the same Juanma of always eating the same shots as always.. If Juanma faces a good true lightweight(130 pounder) he's getting KO'd again. & if faces Wilfredo Vazquez jr(who was also there)at 126lbs, Vazquez will beat him by KO & even Orlando Cruz at 126 or 130lbs will easily beat him.. I was there last night & everyone that was sitting around Me had the same opinions & in the rest room & the bar people were saying more or less the same things(so I don't think I'm that far off)....

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
              Juanma fought a guy hand picked for him to take out quick & look good, but someone forgot to tell that to the smaller Silva from a lower weight class, cause Juanma hit Silva with EVERYTHING in his arsenal & Silva kept coming back swinging even when he got knocked down, he got up & was swinging & even landing hard shots that made Juanma back up!! If the Ref had not stopped the fight, Silva would have taken Juanma the distance.. After the 5th round Juanma had his mouth open sucking air & Juanma's team even hired Puerto Rican trainer Freddy Trinidad work with Juanma to better his defense, but I seen the same Juanma of always eating the same shots as always.. If Juanma faces a good true lightweight(130 pounder) he's getting KO'd again. & if faces Wilfredo Vazquez jr(who was also there)at 126lbs, Vazquez will beat him by KO & even Orlando Cruz at 126 or 130lbs will easily beat him.. I was there last night & everyone that was sitting around Me had the same opinions & in the rest room & the bar people were saying more or less the same things(so I don't think I'm that far off)....

Damn, he looked that bad?

I still haven't had a chance to peep this fight, but hey if its any consolation Gamboa still looks the same. You know, no defense easy to hit/knock down...

Comment

I did not like the way "Chelo" Gonzalez looked, he's strong, hits hard & was in good condition but was too still(flat footed), waiting to long throw punches & way off balance & when ever he hurt his opponent, instead of finish him off, he would switch to south paw & was NOT effective at all when he did that & his opponent would recuperate..He's definitely Not ready for a title shot & should NOT be ranked #1...

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                  Damn, he looked that bad?

I still haven't had a chance to peep this fight, but hey if its any consolation Gamboa still looks the same. You know, no defense easy to hit/knock down...
                  As bad & unimpressive as Gamboa looked in his last fight, that Gamboa will have a party against Juanma..

Comment

Originally posted by Tomasio View Post
                    As bad & unimpressive as Gamboa looked in his last fight, that Gamboa will have a party against Juanma..

i agree, gamboa decimates juanma

Comment

Working...
                    X