No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Hatton/Sky Fallout, Royal Return, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Frank Warren on Hatton/Sky Fallout, Royal Return, More

THE doors of the Royal Albert Hall will swing open again tonight as professional boxing makes its return to the London landmark for the first time this century.

I promoted the last world title show at the venue 13 years ago when Mexican great Marco Antonio Barrera defended his crown.

But the return is tinged with sadness because one of Britain’s most popular boxers, Terry Spinks — who won the British featherweight title at the Albert Hall — passed away this week after a long illness.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not entirely sure what Warren's point is here regarding Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
      Not entirely sure what Warren's point is here regarding Hatton
      He never has a point. Its just self promotion. Hatton in title just adds interest. Even manages to turn a boxers death into self congratulation! biggest swanker in British Boxing

Comment

Why would sky renew a TV contract with Hatton if he is retired?

Does he commentate with them or am I missing something? How would you sign a contract for hosting fights on a TV network if youre not fighting anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
          Why would sky renew a TV contract with Hatton if he is retired?

Does he commentate with them or am I missing something? How would you sign a contract for hosting fights on a TV network if youre not fighting anymore?
          He is a promoter

Comment

i assume warren meant hattons promotional deal with sky wasn't renewed. he'll have to take his fighters elsewhere to get them on tv

Comment

Some of Hatton's fighters might jump ship because of this.

Comment

Hatton is still fighting, he's now in the heavyweight division!

Comment

I wonder how much more popular Hatton may have been if he had been promoted on ITV.

Comment

Working...
                  X