Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, was Cotto washed up all year or only after Trout beat him?

Simple question. How long was Cotto washed up?? After all he was favored by 90% of the board. Now he's washed up. Looking for clarity.

Washed up after Trout beat him because people refuse to admit Trout is even able to box. I remember after Floyd beat him, people were saying he gave FLoyd his hardest fight of his career despite getting beat down.
    Then after Trout, he's all of a sudden washed up.... okay

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
      Washed up after Trout beat him because people refuse to admit Trout is even able to box. I remember after Floyd beat him, people were saying he gave FLoyd his hardest fight of his career despite getting beat down.
      Then after Trout, he's all of a sudden washed up.... okay
      Which is why I'm confused now.

Comment

Obviously he hasn't been the same since the Margs fight. Washed up? No. Not what he once was? Yes. I'm actually surprised so many people on this board picked against Trout in that fight. Tells me one of two things, One they've never seen Trout fight, Two they picked Cotto moreso on the fact that they like him, not on what he is still capable of in the ring.

Comment

Not necessarily washed up, but unproven at 154.

Comment

cotto was never that good to begin with

i picked trout to win

Comment

Stop talking about Cotto. That's the past.

The future is May 4th. Canelo is going fishing for some Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                Obviously he hasn't been the same since the Margs fight. Washed up? No. Not what he once was? Yes. I'm actually surprised so many people on this board picked against Trout in that fight. Tells me one of two things, One they've never seen Trout fight, Two they picked Cotto moreso on the fact that they like him, not on what he is still capable of in the ring.

I think this is a fair assumption. I picked Trout by U.D but tbh so many was picking Cotto I was starting to question my own opinion.
                I don't feel Cotto is washed up by any means just Trout had the style and physical attributes too make Cotto look bad/old/washed up.
                Hes a very good, slicker cagey southpaw and guys with that style can make other fighters look awful.
                One of those styles IMO where no matter who you are or how good you are, you will never look very good against.

Comment

He still isn't washed up. Prime Cotto? Hell no. But he has enough left to beat anyone at 154 not named Mayweather or Trout, and perhaps Canelo. Good win for Trout and it looks like he finally got his wish of a fight with Canelo.

Comment

he's not washed up, he fought pretty well vs trout. he's just not a sww, he's at a big size disadvantage vs top true swws

Comment

Working...
                    X