Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it annoy you when a fighter taunts whilst losing badly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it annoy you when a fighter taunts whilst losing badly?

It gets on my nerves when a fighter is getting his ass kicked but yet taunts and acts like the punches don't bother him. They look like complete idiots. I guess its used as a tactic to discourage his opponent, but I've never seen it actually work.

For instance, like when Judah fought Vernon Paris. Paris was losing every round and talking shit, pounding his chest and face. When he got stopped though, I couldn't stop laughing.

Of course there are other examples of this: Cotto vs Margarito II V Klitschko vs Kevin(?) Johnson, Roy Jones Jr vs David Telesco......

What say you? And what some other examples of this happening?

Khan vs Garcia....in between the 100m trials.

Khan vs Maidana....in between the 100m trials.

Comment

Doesn't really bother me.

Comment

It just makes it funny the next time they get punched in the damn face. Doesn't bother me.

Comment

Roy Jones was still doing it against Calzaghe

yeah I don't really care either, it's just an attempt at psychology to throw an opponent off the scent that usually doesn't work

Comment

Originally posted by Sage84 View Post
            Khan vs Garcia....in between the 100m trials.

Khan vs Maidana....in between the 100m trials.
            What! Khan not running was his undoing in the Garcia fight, Khan was fighting back, you try going forward when your legs are all over the place. Bad post.

Comment

It's to try and make the opponent throw wild punches in bunches that will tire them out and create openings for themselves to land.

Comment

I don't think you should taunt at all... or ***** like this happens

Comment

i still remember edison miranda taunting bute, then getting immediately dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
                    I don't think you should taunt at all... or ***** like this happens
                    haha gets me everytime.

Nate Campbell. The poster boy for not taunting.

Comment

Working...
                    X