Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judah looked sharp last night..but he was a lil to reserved

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

smh at the negativity in this thread..watch the fight closely..his defense looked great..he was fighting a man 27-0 with 25 ko's so yea he got hurt..but he survived and won

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
      his defense looked great but he didnt counter enough
      no it didn't it looked faded. His reaction to shots wasn't there and normally that's the one thing Zab really could do is deflect then counter. He seemed like his reactions have lessened to the point where he got more frequently and couldn't return the favor

that will not bode well for Zab

Comment

Judah's movement was good and his jab was impressive. Other than that he still doesn't throw enough punches. Keeping the fight technical is smart, but he had openings for straight lefts that he looked scared to throw.

He faded late like he usually does. I didn't score the fight but it looked like Matthysse could have gotten the nod. It was a close fight;

Comment

Originally posted by infamous larryx View Post
          he looked sharp,fast and his defense looked tight..but the reason he got hurt was because he waited a tad bit to much,,cant see how people think he lost..he won a very close fight but i do see alot of improvement..in the past he ususlly wouldve spassed out
          Why did Judah refuse to throw the straight left? Or give many combinations? Is it simply b/c he knew he could win and slightly more safely sticking behind the jab? Or was he affriad to open up or conserve energy.. Either way, he won't be able to get away with not mixing up his punches more against the top guys. He relies too heavily on that uppercut as well. It's a great punch, but as much as he uses it, it's too easily anticipated by his opponents. All and all, good performance, but he needs to diversify his punches a little more and add some combos IMO. TBH he kind of looked like Malignaggi out there at times, only using the jab with the occasional combo.

Comment

khan,bradley,alexander,maidana and ortiz all beat zab

zab is done

Comment

I don't know what the whole debate is about. Most people, including myself, thought Matthyse won. Period.

Close fight or not, the majority of viewers had Matthyse winning. End of story.

How can Zab have looked good if everyone thought he lost?

Comment

judah did ok...he just lacks a good body attack...

Comment

I am not sure whether Judah did ok or not, but I know he didn't win that fight. As far as Matthyse is concerned, hopefully he'll get another shot against a top guy and maybe be a little more aggressive early on. But I do think he got jobbed against Judah. But, that is what happens when you fight in the guy's hometown.

Comment

Zab "supa" Judah lost his nerve since the Tszyu fight. People remember him before that fight when he was dazzling and explosive. thats y even till now ppl dont really count him out. Jesus Christ they use to say he was a pernell whitaker with power. Once a fighter looses his nerve hes done for ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X