Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greater Accomplishment: Mayweather's 42-0 Or Chavez Sr's 89-0-1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Chavez Sr did was great but you also have to take into account that he fought a ton of no names as well. I'd probably lean towards Chavez Sr but that doesn't mean I think he's the greater fighter, because Floyd is. If Floyd retires unbeaten and were to get wins over Cotto and Pacquiao/Martinez, it'd be Floyd in my opinion then.

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      I just don't see why it took him so long (33 fights & 9 years as a pro) to beat a champ with a title?
      Don't listen to that clown. He's one of those "Floyd has a C resume, but Cotto has a great resume, probably at least a B" kind of people.

Cotto is a great fighter, one of the best in his era, probably a future HOF, but Floyd is an ATG and his resume s**ts on Cotto's.

Comment

Chavez Sr

Ramirez
        Camacho
        Rosario
        Taylor
        Laporte
        ROGER MAYWEATHER
        Lockridge

And others just to name a few.

Comment

Mayweather

Comment

Another retarted thread trying to bash Mayweather ... Keep going guys , you're almost there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
              Chavez Sr

Ramirez
              Camacho
              Rosario
              Taylor
              Laporte
              ROGER MAYWEATHER
              Lockridge

And others just to name a few.
              only names that matter on that list is camacho, taylor, and mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno
                Edwin Rosario was a good fighter. There was also Ruben Castillo and Jose Luis Ramirez in his resume.
                not that he wasnt but floyd has better names on his, imo. the names i mentioned are what put him over the top imo. and ramirez was pretty washed when he fought him. sure he beat pea, but he didnt beat pea.

Comment

different eras so you cant really compare. Guys dont fight that much now but lets be honest, Floyd could have an 89-0 record also if he wanted. Instead of sparring, he could fight guys like Matthew Hatton, Mickey Ward, and even lower guys then that to pile up a record. They wouldnt beat him, espically if they were fighting alot also.

Its close either way. You might give it to Senior but you could argue that its more than cancled out by the fact Floyd fought in so many weight classes. You could also argue that Chavez was the bigger or even sized guy with alot more strength in all of his fights while Floyd has been a very very small guy in alot of fights, giving up size advantage

Comment

floyd

chicanito
                    corrales
                    castillo
                    DLH
                    hatton
                    marquez
                    mosley

Comment

Floyds resume sux asz.... corrales castillo is it. Many moons ago...to compare to an ATG is idiotic. Plus who did Chavez duck? Who did and is Floyd ducking? Take your **** goggles off TS there is more to life than bumasz Floyd !!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X