Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather will never have a GREAT win......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    So it doesn't matter that mosley was still a top ww, just his age? Doesn't matter that zab was a former undisputed champ or that hatton was top 5 p4p.

I mean if you can discount wins against elite fighters so easy, whats the point of even fighting? DO you do this for eveyone, or just floyd?
    I include Pacquiao & his catchweight reign... also fought old Mosley... Hatton was never a 147 pounder, he got the W against Collazo wich was closer & Zab I did not include on 147 so sorry for that.. Zab was a top dog at WW... So at the end of the day you try & fight opponents that are on their prime.. not wait till they been in wars & are done.
    Last edited by PiXelElite; 07-18-2012, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      So you don't give Floyd credit for shutting out Marquez even though Marquez unofficially beat Pacquiao?

40 yr old Mosley was #5 P4P and the welterweight king at the time, coming off the Margarito destruction.
      Cotto fought a more prime Mosley, when he was 35.

Comment

• Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
        I include Pacquiao & his catchweight reign... also fought old Mosley... Hatton was never a 147 pounder, he got the W against Collazo wich was closer & Zab I did not include on 147 so sorry for that.. Zab was a top dog at WW... So at the end of the day you try & fight opponents that are on their prime.. not wait till they been in wars & are done.
        Floyd asked shane to fight in 04 and 05, but shane refused. See at that time, floyd wasn't money, he was just high risk no reward. So shane is the reason he fought floyd at 40. Do you factor that in?

Comment

Floyd asked shane to fight in 04 and 05, but shane refused. See at that time, floyd wasn't money, he was just high risk no reward. So shane is the reason he fought floyd at 40. Do you factor that in?
          I know this is a business & money is 1st for alot of fighters... but if you want to be remembered a s a legend in boxing... you fight the best when they are on their prime. You have to take risks to be great, Floyd is very smart & always takes calculated risks.

Comment

• I think Floyd's win over Cotto is a great win. And there are many more.

It's threads like these that makes me hate boxingfans sometimes.

Like the ONLY great win in this whole era that possibly COULD happen would be Pacquiao right?

Comment

• Originally posted by PiXelElite View Post
              I know this is a business & money is 1st for alot of fighters... but if you want to be remembered a s a legend in boxing... you fight the best when they are on their prime. You have to take risks to be great, Floyd is very smart & always takes calculated risks.
              What risks do you speak of? I mean if you are a poster that is going to implement the "formula"-list names of people who floyd didn't fight, blame the fight not happening on floyd, and then overarte the guy- well this will never end.

The truth is pre ODH 24/7, floyd was the equivalent of paul williams, sergio, and any other great fighter with limited drawing power you can name. Big earners, ODH, Kosta, Shane, were avoiding him, not the other way around. SO he fought an undefeated Corrales, fought Castillo at LW in his 1st fight at the weight, went to AC to fight Gatti. Now posters like you reinvent and rewite history.

Same with the TR guys. You can either evaluate the situation based on all the facts, or just the ones to suit your agenda.

Either way, when you've beaten over 20 different world champions in 44 fights, only one of them a repeat, and someone says you need a "great" win, that tells you just how great floyd is.

If the guys who are allegedly on floyd's level can't perform when they fight him, maybe they shouldn't have been put on that level in the first place. Maybe we should question the people who put them in floyd's class instead of floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                not really , had he beaten kostya tsu , that woulda beeen helll of a lot better than a corrales imo..had he beat cotto pre margarito , that woulda been way better win than a corrales..had he beaten margo pre pwill, that woulda been a greater win than a corrales...again , floyd has had a greeat career no doubt but it could've been better....
                Agree with that, he has shown a reluctance to fight prime opponents at their best weight for most of his career. Smart business-wise as he minimises risk, but it will cost him in the legacy stakes.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                  I dont understand what your getting at, and what your point is! You want to know who is favoured to beat Floyd? You saying he dont have to fight cos he is favoured against people? Are you saying he cant have a great win as he is favoured, im not sure what you are getting at? JUst cos he is favoured against an opponent it can still be a great win.
                  Trinidad was favoured against BH, and if Trinidad beat BH it would be a great win for Trinidad. And also the very fact that Trinidad could be favoured against someone like BH goes to show being favourite dont mean much. So what if Floyd is favoured what is your point? Is your point Floyd is overated just like Trinidad was?
                  You're pathetic.....didn't Sergio call out manny?

Comment

• Mayweather has a damn good resume and he has yet to retire. His best fights could be yet to come and with age and his ability on the decline we will see him in closer fights. So quit hating and appreciate.

Comment

What risks do you speak of? I mean if you are a poster that is going to implement the "formula"-list names of people who floyd didn't fight, blame the fight not happening on floyd, and then overarte the guy- well this will never end.

The truth is pre ODH 24/7, floyd was the equivalent of paul williams, sergio, and any other great fighter with limited drawing power you can name. Big earners, ODH, Kosta, Shane, were avoiding him, not the other way around. SO he fought an undefeated Corrales, fought Castillo at LW in his 1st fight at the weight, went to AC to fight Gatti. Now posters like you reinvent and rewite history.

Same with the TR guys. You can either evaluate the situation based on all the facts, or just the ones to suit your agenda.

Either way, when you've beaten over 20 different world champions in 44 fights, only one of them a repeat, and someone says you need a "great" win, that tells you just how great floyd is.

If the guys who are allegedly on floyd's level can't perform when they fight him, maybe they shouldn't have been put on that level in the first place. Maybe we should question the people who put them in floyd's class instead of floyd.
                      Floyd ducked tszyu? This dude quit vs Hatton and there is no way tszyu would be able to beat the 04/05 version of Floyd. These revisionists are absurd.
                      Last edited by Atreyu Khalil; 07-18-2012, 12:21 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X