Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce Rips Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. Over Hair Gel Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Jorge Arce Rips Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. Over Hair Gel Claim

WBO super bantamweight champion Jorge Arce has ripped Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. over a claim that the Mexican boxer used a foreign substance in his hair gel. Last Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Arce stopped Vazquez in the tweflth round to capture the WBO crown. Afterwards, Vazquez made claims that a substance, from Arce's hair, got into his eyes and "affected his vision in the early rounds."

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    WBO super bantamweight champion Jorge Arce has ripped Wilfredo Vazquez Jr. over a claim that the Mexican boxer used a foreign substance in his hair gel. Last Saturday at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Arce stopped Vazquez in the tweflth round to capture the WBO crown. Afterwards, Vazquez made claims that a substance, from Arce's hair, got into his eyes and "affected his vision in the early rounds."

[Click Here To Read More]
    This is pathetic and unnecessary and you know that idiots like Border Patrol among others in this mex/pr war are going to feast on this very ambiguous claim from Vasquez Jr.

Vasquez's Jr father had integrity and was a true warrior his son has a long road to go.

Comment

Hair gel? probably wasn't the fact that he was getting punched squared. Come'on WV2, stop it.

Comment

I hope they fight again and Arce woops his ass again. Excuses always excuses. thats lame.

Comment

The truth about the hair gel issue

The comment was misquoted; it wasn't that there was something in his hair gel, it was that Arce supposely have hair gel when entering the ring and once the hair gel got harden, in one of the occasions that arce entered with the head, the hair grazed vazquez's cornea. The doctor comfirmed that and now they are in Florida with another doctor looking for confirmation. I mean, it makes sense, that could've affect the fight but I think the result of the fight was that Vazquez got tired and that's why he lost the fight. If you see, He couldn't even keep standing when arce barely pulled him down, he needs to get a better condition for future fights.

Comment

Arce's hair was looking good though.

It must have been the gel.

Comment

Hair gel?? Of all things the things he could've said, he says hair gel??

Last edited by hhs661; 05-13-2011, 07:50 PM.

Comment

I mean it's possible but cmon just keep that to yourself.

Comment

I think you're right Fresno, but you know every boxer, it doesn't matter how subtle they do it, make some kind of excuse. Probably they're right, probably not but if they lost, they lost. One valid excuse could be the performance of the referee or bad decisions from trainers, etc.

Comment

That is probably the funniest excuse ever.

Comment

Working...
                    X