No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Jail Was Life Changing Moment For Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer: Jail Was Life Changing Moment For Mayweather

Floyd Mayweather Jr. has made it very clear during the promotion for his welterweight title defense Saturday against Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero at MGM Grand in Las Vegas that if there is one thing he learned about his two-month jail stint last year, it's that his freedom is very important to him.

"Once you lose your freedom, you understand that," he said.

That's one of the reasons why Mayweather isn't likely to land back in jail, said Richard Schaefer, CEO of Golden Boy Promotions, which along with Mayweather Promotions is staging Saturday's card. Schaefer likened Mayweather to Golden Boy fighter Bernard Hopkins, who in the 1980s served nearly five years in prison and never got in trouble again.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Bernard did 3.5 years, mayweather did 60 days, or was it 90? Im not taking away anything from mayweather as a fighter but this man is acting like he just did 20 years and got a different perspective on life. Come on...

Comment

Originally posted by Corap View Post
      Bernard did 3.5 years, mayweather did 60 days, or was it 90? Im not taking away anything from mayweather as a fighter but this man is acting like he just did 20 years and got a different perspective on life. Come on...
      Hopkins was getting into trouble ever since he was a teen though. It's a little different than going to jail for the first time at age 36

Comment

It started as 90 and he got out at 60 for good behavior I believe.

I hope Schaefer is right, and that Floyd starts to become more of a role model. He had some cringe-worthy moments in 30 Days in May for me, and I am a big fan of him as a boxer.

Comment

He really compared Mayweather's jail time to Hopkins, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            He really compared Mayweather's jail time to Hopkins, LOL.
            I think he meant about it changing their lives for good. Not the actual time.

Comment

1 day in the drunk tank changed my whole perspective on life so yeah i can see it happening. Especially to someone who really loves his freedom like Floyd does.

Comment

Its good that Jail taught him a lesson, but come on, y'all got to quit selling that as part of the fight. From pre-Cotto fight to post Cotto fight to Pre-Gurrerro fight. Come September they are going to bring back that Jail thing, because you can't sell that Floyd Jr/Floyd Sr relationship thing no mo.

Comment

He's gonna go paint ball shooting now come back and say he got shot 9 times. He's a winnie, alot of people buy into his fake image.

Comment

what a p u s s y.

Comment

Working...
                    X