Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better Opponent for Mayweather: Guerrero OR Alvarez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
    If we're gonna put Mayweather on a pedestal, then he should only be fighting the absolute best and accomplished. Alvarez is not the absolute best at LMW and Guerrero isn't the absolute best at WW. Mayweather should fight Pac, or just wait til Guerrero/Alexander/Brook/Bradley are done with each other. Canelo has so much work to do, he hasn't even begun to prove his mettle.
    I rather he fight again first half of next year than "just wait".

Boxing is a small niche sport. It'll look like a joke if the biggest name in the game sits out and waits like a desperate contender.

Comment

Alvarez for sure
      Guerrero can't win with his usual style against Floyd
      and he's not strong enough to try to bully him either
      he simply has nothing to threaten Floyd with
      Alvarez is a better and stronger fighter than Guerrero

Comment

I think they are both good fights. I don't think they are cherry picks at all. If Floyd fights either one of them I would be pleased with him. He is the holder of the WBC welterweight tittle and the WBA Jr.middleweight tittle so he should announce which tittle he intends to defend and give up the other tittle. If he does not intend to defend either tittle then he should give them both up. I would rather he fight Canelo because I think Floyd losing would be good and Canelo has a better chance of beating him than Guerrero. I think Guerrero could also win. I doubted him but he keeps doing what he says he will do.Guerrero gets better every fight and Floyd gets older every fight.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          I rather he fight again first half of next year than "just wait".

Boxing is a small niche sport. It'll look like a joke if the biggest name in the game sits out and waits like a desperate contender.
          He could also retire (I definitely wouldn't mind), but of course, the paydays are too big for him to walk away. How does waiting it out make him look desperate? If most people claim you're the best boxer on the planet, why not only fight guys who are truly worthy? He likes to say that he doesn't get the credit he deserves, but how does fighting the likes of Canelo/Guerrero garner some tremendous amount of credit? It won't and it shouldn't. Ortiz fought Berto, that's all it took for him to get a shot, which is bullshit. Guerrero did a bit more and beat Aydin/Berto, but I still don't think it's enough to call him the #2. Canelo hasn't faced any of his contemporaries, so how could he be seen as the indisputable #2? Fighting guys who are under-developed and unproven seems like desperation to me. Desperate to remain relevant, desperate for that spotlight and desperate for that fat pay-day. The way I see it, Floyd is only guaranteed to fight once per year, and with that in mind, he should make every match-up count.

Who deserves the fight more? Guerrero and it's not even close. But, he could go a step further and beat the winner of Brook/Alexander and/or Bradley. It legitimizes Floyd/Guerrero even more.
          Last edited by kiaba360; 12-01-2012, 09:22 PM.

Comment

Canelo have the chance of putting up a much better performance. Guerrero will probably be the safer guy to make it competitive (as in 8-4, 9-3 type of decisions) but he has no shot at winning.

Canelo would win or he could bomb. He's untested.

I much rather see what Canelo got. But on the other hand i'd rather see Canelo-Cotto.

Comment

Working...
            X