No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Can't Wait For Feb. 8: Mr. Toemaker

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Can't Wait For Feb. 8: Mr. Toemaker

By Jake Donovan - There wasn’t a happier man on the planet than Tyson Fury when the announcement was made of his fight with David Haye receiving a set rescheduled date.

The pair of British heavyweights were set to collide this weekend, with HBO to televise in the United States, but was postponed when Haye suffered a cut over his left eye during training camp. The bout will now take place next February at Phones 4u Arena in Manchester.

There’s no guarantee of stateside coverage, but for now Fury remains content with the opportunity to put his domestic rival in place.

"I'm so glad to have this fight rescheduled - in my opinion, he's a classless prima donna, a diva, a no good wannabe Bollywood actor and I can't wait to put him in his place," claims Fury (21-0, 15KO), who hasn’t fought since his knockout win over Steve Cunningham this past April. "There's lots of honest and hard working people in this world and I believe I'm going to punish and poleaxe this money grabbing cry baby for all of them - he's getting knocked spark out!” [Click Here To Read More]

Nice for once to hear Fury give balanced and well thought out statements.

Comment

Say what you want Tyson, you still ducked David Price.

Comment

Is this the same Tyson Fury that promised to fight every month in every corner of the World?

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post
          That fight needed building up, it was a potential heavyweight super fight. No point those 2 fighting so early in their careers. And Price got exposed.

You can think Fury ducked that, but until he's at the top level of the sport and fighting former sparring partners like Wladimir, ducking is not something you can accuse him of with any kind of credibility.

Besides, if Fury ducked Price, no way in hell does he fight Haye.

Comment

Fury is an ATG trashtalker.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfocus View Post
              That fight needed building up, it was a potential heavyweight super fight. No point those 2 fighting so early in their careers. And Price got exposed.

You can think Fury ducked that, but until he's at the top level of the sport and fighting former sparring partners like Wladimir, ducking is not something you can accuse him of with any kind of credibility.

Besides, if Fury ducked Price, no way in hell does he fight Haye.
              So relinquishing your British and Commonwealth titles, rather than defend them against your mandatory challenger, isn't ducking??

Okaaaay

It's not like he sidestepped that fight because he had a big name lined up, Fury wanted no part of Price at that point. Easy to say now, after Thompson 1 & 2, that there was some validity in the 'sidestep', but in reality in was a big a duck as you're likely to see.
              Last edited by cameltoe; 09-25-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Fury is funny as hell

Comment

Originally posted by cameltoe View Post

Comment

Wish it was this weekend but the grudge and trash talking is getting better so when the fight comes we'll probably all be more fired up . Haye or Fury fans this should end in a ko .Furys one of them guys who hates losing so he'll probably use every trick in the book to beat Haye similar to the Cunningham fight I think ( train hard fight dirty lol ) . Only joking I hate that hope it's a good clean fight .

Comment

Working...
                    X