No announcement yet.

Arturo Gatti vs Bobby Chacon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arturo Gatti vs Bobby Chacon

At super featherweight this fight would surpassed Gatti/Ward. Don't get me wrong Gatti/Ward were classics its just I just wonder both of them being on of the most exciting fighters in that division history. How would they fair against each other.

Arturo was too big for Bobby. He'd wear him down with his incessant attack and bodypunching. I see Gatti winning this by a TKO9. Bobby would make him work as hard as Wilson Rodriguez did, maybe even harder. But ultimately, he's too small for Arturo and he couldn't hurt him enough. But if he chose to box instead of brawl, he could box as well but he never did just that.

Comment

Chacon didn't become a brawler until he was at 130. A young Chacon was an excellent fast handed boxer when he was in shape. Of course Gatti was better at that weight too, so you have a pretty good matchup that could go either way. If Chacon is in shape and can make weight, I'd pick him to win a close decision. But the location would probably decide who gets his hand raised.

Comment

Chacon was simply the superior fighter.

Comment

Gatti is too big

Comment

Working...
          X