No announcement yet.

Alexis Arguello vs. Floyd Mayweather prime for prime and resume wise

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NesNY View Post
    here on NSB you're gonna get alot more people who saw Floyd's career and not Arguello's whole career...so I wouldn't be at all surprised with Floyd edging it out.

Ask Bert Sugar, Larry Merchant and basically any boxing historian who covered boxing during the 70's-80's, and into present day "who would win, Arguello or Floyd Mayweather Jr....or "who's the greatest super FW of all time?"...

Arguello (HoF) will be the answer maybe 90% of the time or more.
    As for who's got the better resume....that's a laughable question. Come on now.

Ruben Olivares (HoF), Alfredo Escalera twice, Rafael Limon, Bobby Chacon (HoF), Rolando Navarette, Ruben Castillo, Boza-Edwards, Boom Boom Mancini, Aaron Pryor (HoF) twice, Jose Luis Ramirez ("beat" sweet pea, Boza-Edwards).

Dude.....you can play "Pick A Boxing Hall of Famer" with Arguello's resume. It's not even close.
    I think Floyd would have done well against most of those fighters, and i think he would have beaten Arguello.

But they are all extremely tough, durable great fighters. I wouldnt want to put my money on it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
      It kind of depends on the criteria, it is certainly a good debate. Also who was Floyd reticent about fighting at 130, and why would he fear anyone at that point in his career he was beasting on everyone he fought.
      I don't doubt whether Floyd would take the fight or not, he was fearless at 130.

his greatest performance ever was against an undefeated Corrales. He'd take on all comers.

But imagine if he hurt his shoulder like he did against Castillo. Or his soft knuckles like he did vs. Hernandez. Arguello would pressure him mercilessly, and do what Castillo couldn't do...win every round from the 5th on to the 12th or 15th depending on which era you put em in.
      Last edited by NesNY; 10-25-2010, 01:44 AM.

Comment

Floyd is the greatest fantasy fighter of all time.....of course he will win this fantasy match up. Just look at Floyd's skill, Alexis has been KOed several times already. Nobody in the history of boxing including the ATG can beat Mayweather, just look at how he toyed Baldomir and Gatti. His defense is flawless.

Comment

That falls under the shit happeans like that in boxing category.

You can't predict stuff like that and that is why no fight is ever a sure thing so when you are talking about a great against a great little things like nicks can make all the difference.

Comment

[QUOTE=-Rab;9461407]Who's greater? Poll to come.[/QU

Who's greater.....just look at Pac face and you should know.

Comment

Resume: Arguello
              H2H: Mayweather

Comment

Bump :wank:

Comment

Working...
                X