Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maloney: Four Fights, Then Price is Ready For Klitschkos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maloney: Four Fights, Then Price is Ready For Klitschkos

Promoter Frank Maloney believes David Price will be ready to topple the Klitschko brothers after four more fights.

[Click Here To Read More]

Price has been impressive so far, I think Povetkin, Huck or whoever has the paper title should be his target for down the line. Hard to see him or any other contender beating Wlad though.

Comment

I like price but id like to see him in a few battles first. All of his fights have been one sided sp far, which isnt his fault obviously. Be good to see him against someone with a bit more experience and fight in them to really gauge where he is.

Comment

Not hating on Price (I think he's a very good prospect) BUT it says a lot about the heavyweight division when such a relatively inexperienced pro could be deemed to be ready for a shot. Having said that, I think Price would KO Mormeck!!!

Comment

"The Klitschkos are perfectionists and great professionals, but they are also bad for the sport because they are so dominant and people are losing interest," Maloney told his official website."

Sour grapes. I heard the same thing when Roger Federer was winning everything in sight in tennis. But nobody intelligent believes that. How can people who are the best at what they do be bad for a sport?

Nothing against Price, I like him. Unlike Tyson Fury, he is building up his physique and trying to improve.

But Maloney is a bit of a dickhead.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
            Not hating on Price (I think he's a very good prospect) BUT it says a lot about the heavyweight division when such a relatively inexperienced pro could be deemed to be ready for a shot. Having said that, I think Price would KO Mormeck!!!
            How's jail treating you?

Comment

I like Price. He seems to be being brought along well too. He's fighting decent guys but not taking silly risks yet. Maybe at the end of the year he could go for somebody like Michael Sprott.

Comment

Originally posted by Gypsy John Fury View Post
                I think Price would KO Mormeck!!!
                Undoubtedly.

Good news that he's fighting in the US prior to the Sexton bout.

Comment

I wouldn't put Price near the likes of Povetkin/Huck/Chisora. Keep him active with fights against durable opposition and raise the level of quality.

He should be fighting another contender in his next few fights.

Comment

Superb mate; not a patch on the 'van though.

Comment

Working...
                    X