No announcement yet.

people's hypocrisy is sickening

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paypayvay View Post
    all the pac haters said before the mosley fight that pacquiao was ducking marquez etc... and that he's avoiding the guy who made him look like **** in two fights

now the fight is made, and they're all *****ing because the fight is at a 144 pounds catchweight ? last time i checked the BIGGER mayweather fought marquez at 147 ( he intentionally came overweight while marquez weighted 142 ).. how is pacquiao ( smaller than mayweahter ) fighting marquez at 144 not fair ? break it down for me please
    Two wrongs don't make a right. Especially when the first wrong has been confirmed and it's been two years. Making it even worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      I couldn't disgaree more. If it had no impact Manny wouldn't have requested it.
      maybe they thought cotto would show signs that he can't lose one pound, or maybe they thought that the size difference would be too much come fight night so they asked him to weigh in 2 pounds below the ww limit.

either way, it didn't show that the weight affected him.

did they ask for the weight to affect cotto?- yeah, probably

did it?- No

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        If you're not p4p king at 20 you're a bum!!

LOL i'm not the biggest Canelo fan but i'm glad they're taking it slow with him.

Maybe he won't end up like Vargas after they fed him to Lions at a young age.
        I'm with you man the kid is 20 there is no need to rush him into big fights yet, when hes ready he will take them. The boy has talent i'm looking forward to his fights. But im from the UK and Rhodes can punch so he needs to be careful, canelo should win but its not an easy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          If you're not p4p king at 20 you're a bum!!

LOL i'm not the biggest Canelo fan but i'm glad they're taking it slow with him.

Maybe he won't end up like Vargas after the fed him to Lions at a young age.
          People said the same thing about Cotto back in the day aswell. Alot of people called him over hyped, overrated, etcetc. It wasn't until the Abdullaev and Torres fights when people started taking him seriously.

Canelo is gonna be great. He has so much potential at 20 it's crazy.

Comment

Oscar should have retired manny there and then. Politicians in the phil planned to boycott the fight for manny sake. But the excuses came after the fight end and the hate campaign continue to this day.

Comment

I couldn't disgaree more. If it had no impact Manny wouldn't have requested it.
              Big mistake posting that.Now they're gonna say that U said Pacman deserved no credit for the fight.They are gonna now claim that ur a hypocrite if U don't immediately say that any other catchweight fight is garbage.When that couldn't be further from the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                Big mistake posting that.Now they're gonna say that U said Pacman deserved no credit for the fight.They are gonna now claim that ur a hypocrite if U don't immediately say that any other catchweight fight is garbage.When that couldn't be further from the truth.
                catchweights are overrated.

there are a lot more ***** wrong with boxing than catchweight fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryannn View Post
                  maybe they thought cotto would show signs that he can't lose one pound, or maybe they thought that the size difference would be too much come fight night so they asked him to weigh in 2 pounds below the ww limit.

either way, it didn't show that the weight affected him.

did they ask for the weight to affect cotto?- yeah, probably

did it?- No
                  With all due respect if weight wasnt an issue it wouldn't have been negotiated. There is a reason things like gloves and ring size are negotiated in contracts because the weight and size (respectively) give advantages to certain types of fighters.

Weight is no different. The work required for a fighter who is pushing it to get to 147 tolose another 2 lbs affects his training. Instead of working on strategy the fighter must run or sweat. This istrue for ANY fighter.

Again, if Manny didn't think it would be an advantage he wouldn't have used his negotiating leverage to insist on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    ANy boxing fan knows the negative effect losing two additional lbs has on a man already pushing the lowest limit a healthy human body. If they choose not to acknowledge it because Manny was involved in the fight we can't do anything about it.

Comment

With all due respect if weight wasnt an issue it wouldn't have been negotiated. There is a reason things like gloves and ring size are negotiated in contracts because the weight and size (respectively) give advantages to certain types of fighters.

Weight is no different. The work required for a fighter who is pushing it to get to 147 tolose another 2 lbs affects his training. Instead of working on strategy the fighter must run or sweat. This istrue for ANY fighter.

Again, if Manny didn't think it would be an advantage he wouldn't have used his negotiating leverage to insist on it.
                      you are missing the point.

they could have asked for it cause they wanted an "advantage"

but on the fight itself, it didn't show that cotto losing 1 pound affected him.

he could have weighed in at 147 and he still would have gotten his ass kicked just as bad

Comment

Working...
                      X