No announcement yet.

Rewatched Floyd-Jmm and i have never seen Jmm look so lost

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    I think fighting away from home is always tougher.

The ref and judges had little influence as the cards were so heavily stacked against Marquez from the get-go (which is the point I was making by noting them).

The real kicker was the weight(s), but the pre-fight advantages in this fight were such that it's hard to take anything that happened in the ring seriously.
    Webbler...smh...Jmm always fights in Vegas.....the Ref had 0 influence in the fight and the Judges didnt even have to work..what the hell are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
      naw man i think Jmm is to damn tough and wont be ko'd by anyone..Floyd tried to get him out of there the best way he knew how and Jmm refused to go into the light..dude is a damn beast..mad props to Jmm
      Hey Larry how do you feel about the current state of boxing? I'm going off on a tangent but this thread shines light on a sad truth, both of these guys are near the end of the road. So are guys like Cotto and Maravilla. I don't think they have more than 2 years left, I haven't found anyone else to be a fan off lately... PWill's career came to a screeching halt... Ortiz turned into a pansy for some reason...

Sure there are some explosive young guys coming up, but they just don't tick with me. What guys are you keeping your eye on?

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
        Hey Larry how do you feel about the current state of boxing? I'm going off on a tangent but this thread shines light on a sad truth, both of these guys are near the end of the road. So are guys like Cotto and Maravilla. I don't think they have more than 2 years left, I haven't found anyone else to be a fan off lately... PWill's career came to a screeching halt... Ortiz turned into a pansy for some reason...

Sure there are some explosive young guys coming up, but they just don't tick with me. What guys are you keeping your eye on?
        Before Mayweather and Pacquiao blew up and got a huge fanbase, i'm sure everyone was asking the same thing. They were scared about what fighter will they root for once their fighter is gone. I'm sure some fans don't find any fighter to root for, instead just remember how good their favorite fighter was.

Personally, my favorite all time fighters were Roy Jones and Jermain Taylor, but since their retirements[and "returns"], i've found peace in being a "fl-omo". Once Floyd, Marquez, and B-Hop are gone, I got guys like Chad Dawson, Andre Ward, Adrien Broner, Andre Berto, Canelo Alvarez, Yuri Gamboa. I think from those, Canelo and Broner will be very big PPV stars. Andre Ward will be like the #1 P4P fighter for a long time. I'm excited for Gamboa's career but he has to hurry up. I'd also like to see more of Argenis Mendez and Javier Fortuna, who are both top 10 super Featherweights. Joan Guzman is being Joan Guzman, at least he's staying active though.

Comment

naw man i think Jmm is to damn tough and wont be ko'd by anyone..Floyd tried to get him out of there the best way he knew how and Jmm refused to go into the light..dude is a damn beast..mad props to Jmm
          Floyd couldve turned up the heat on him if he wanted to. We know how Floyd can get. Ask Mosley and Nazim. He let JMM off the hook. But on top of that he was gone for a long ass time so maybe it was rust too.
          Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-27-2012, 09:07 AM.

Comment

I dont think anyone knew he would get outclassed like that..it has never happened to him before
            You should go back and read the threads before the fight. Everyone predicted the result.

Comment

I thought it was clear Mayweather tried to stop Marquez. He really did, in the later rounds, but couldn't. Not only that, if you didn't see that, I know you heard Floyd say he tried to stop him but Marquez as too tough.

Stop discrediting Marquez. He can take a punch, we know that, and Floyd is not the biggest puncher in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post

I actually cant wait for Cotto, Martinez, Floyd, Pac, JMM, Hopkins etc to all retire and go away for good.

Too many recycled fights or uninteresting fights being made in the sport right now.
                Last edited by B.U.R.N.E.R; 09-27-2012, 09:13 AM.

Comment

He was trying his best and could not land anything and the counter puncher was getting countered,he looked lost,irritated and frustrated.It literally looked like a big brother playing with his little brother.Styles really do make fights

size is more important than styles, if the gap is great enough

tony thompson would kill floyd mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                    I actually cant wait for Cotto, Martinez, Floyd, Pac, JMM, Hopkins etc to all retire and go away for good.

Too many recycled fights or uninteresting in the sport right now.
                    BLASPHEMY!

Tar and feather 'im, tar and feather 'im, tar and....

lol

Comment

Originally posted by Cigarillo View Post
                      Floyd couldve turned up the heat on him if he wanted to. We know how Floyd can get. Ask Mosley and Nazim. He let JMM off the hook. But on top of that he was gone for a long ass time so maybe it was rust too.

go back and check out the time in between rounds of that fight. check floyd's corner. they're telling him to "try him" again, meaning try and stop him. he tried to stop him. it's just not how he fights. he's not a finisher, and marquez is a survivor.

if nothing else, floyd would have enhanced his career and earning potential by stopping marquez (that's what most expected he would do.)

he tried and failed.

Comment

Working...
                      X