No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Dereck Chisora Faces Unbeaten Andriy Kudenko Feb. 15

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Dereck Chisora Faces Unbeaten Andriy Kudenko Feb. 15

At the top of the Christmas wish list to Santa Claus for Dereck Chisora was a world title fight against either of the Klitschko brothers at some point in 2014. For now, he’s content to settle for what he views as a knockoff version.

The resurgent heavyweight contender enters the New Year as a calmer, more focused fighter in pursuit of championship glory. His first fight on the year has been set for February 15, and now comes with a confirmed opponent. Chisora will square off versus Andriy Rudenko, an unbeaten prospect from the Ukraine.

“Happy New Year everyone and let this be the year that I get an opportunity at the world heavyweight title and bring it back to Britain,” said Chisora. “Rudenko is a great start to the year for me, he’s a strong, powerful and undefeated challenger who’s got his own ambitions for the world title and will be coming over here to knock me out.” [Click Here To Read More]

Watched a bit of Kudenko the other night. He has got fast hands for a heavyweight. He looks good going forward but hes awful when pushed back and has bad balance.

Should be an entertaining scrap. Hopefully we can get a conclusive finish as I personally have felt Chisora's had a good few gifted stoppage wins in his last few fights.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Watched a bit of Kudenko the other night. He has got fast hands for a heavyweight. He looks good going forward but hes awful when pushed back and has bad balance.

Should be an entertaining scrap. Hopefully we can get a conclusive finish as I personally have felt Chisora's had a good few gifted stoppage wins in his last few fights.
      He deserves it after the Helenius debacle.

Comment

Is Kudenko any good?

Comment

Rudenko is tough, but I imagine there will be another early referee stoppage in favor of Chisora, as there was in the Malik Scott, Edmund Gerber and Ondrej Pala fights.

Chisora just has to throw a flurry of punches and the ref will stop the fight.

Comment

I'd love to see Rudenko cause an upset and to be honest maybe it could but he hasn't fought 12rounds ever and that will be the telling tale of this fight if a KO doesn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              Is Kudenko any good?
              Rudenko is a tough cookie, but has slow footwork and overall average boxing skills.

Originally posted by Rezelby View Post
              He deserves it after the Helenius debacle.
              That's not fair to Malik Scott, Edmund Gerber and Ondrej Pala. They all deserve a lucky break too.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post

Chisora would have won them all regardless imo. Of them, I think only Avila would have gone the distance and he was well down on points.

I'm not really content with all these lesser known opponents for DC, I'd like to see Chisora fight top 10 opponents. What happened to the rumoured Fury clash...
                Last edited by Weebler I; 01-02-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                  Chisora would have won them all regardless. Of them, I think only Avila would have gone the distance.

Not really content with all these lesser known opponents, I'd like to see Chisora fight top 10 opponents. What happened to the rumoured Fury clash...
                  I still think Fury vs Chisora is pointless, there is a world title up for grabs!
                  Chisora and Fury should be gunning for guys like Arreola, Stiverne and whoever is relevant with those two because neither Arreola or Stiv have done anything worthy of being the names up for that vacated title.

Comment

Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
                    I still think Fury vs Chisora is pointless, there is a world title up for grabs!
                    Chisora and Fury should be gunning for guys like Arreola, Stiverne and whoever is relevant with those two because neither Arreola or Stiv have done anything worthy of being the names up for that vacated title.
                    Only one world title unfortunately, and the winner of Arreola-Stiverne will likely have a big money clash with Wlad or even Haye in their sights before looking at guys like Chisora and Fury.

Comment

Working...
                    X