No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Abner Mares Receives WBC Title From Sulaiman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Abner Mares Receives WBC Title From Sulaiman

Abner Mares received his WBC featherweight title from World Boxing Council President Jose Sulaiman, during a press event in Mexico. Mares stopped champion Daniel Ponce De Leon on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Mares had previously held major titles at bantamweight and super bantamweight.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good for Mares but I can't stand that fat piece of **** Suliaman. The WBC also favors Mexican fighters way too much. I get that it's like a Mexican based sanctioning body but still, there's no need for them to favor Mexicans the way they do.

Comment

Mares & PonceDeLeon showed guts. Id like a rematch , Nady kinda jumped in too early. Way to show phonies like Broner how to man up

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
        Good for Mares but I can't stand that fat piece of **** Suliaman. The WBC also favors Mexican fighters way too much. I get that it's like a Mexican based sanctioning body but still, there's no need for them to favor Mexicans the way they do.
        No Kidding, Suliman doesn't even try to make it obvious in the least bit.

Comment

Yeah, and Sillyman already has a pointless mandatory lined up. No disrespect to Robinson Castellanos, but he's not exactly ideal. Stay busy fight.

Comment

In that case, US media, which happens to control everything in boxing from promotors, TV, venues, marketing, etc. should stop overhyping Mayweather.

Comment

Being the first home grown champion of one of the most biggest and prominent promotional companies in boxing, Golden Boy Promotions, might warrant some easier fights for that boxer. However for Abner Mares, its an honor, but he doesn’t want to stray away from what has made him the fighter he is today; always willing to take on the best.......

Comment

Originally posted by budfr View Post
                In that case, US media, which happens to control everything in boxing from promotors, TV, venues, marketing, etc. should stop overhyping Mayweather.
                Overhyping mayweather hahah gtfo

Comment

Yeah, the WBC does it for Mexicans, the WBO for Puerto Ricans, the WBA for Venezuelans/Panamanians, and the IBF for South Africans. At the very least these countries, Mexico and Puerto Rico, do produce great fighters.

Comment

Working...
                  X