No announcement yet.

How come Mayweather came in first?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How come Mayweather came in first?

I know Cotto is the Champion (or was) but so was Ortiz and Mosley and Mayweather had a deal he would come in 2nd be announced first, this time he came in 1st and announced first. Did the WBA insist on it this time? or what?

Probably respect for Cotto?

Comment

Originally posted by RichCCFC View Post
      I know Cotto is the Champion (or was) but so was Ortiz and Mosley and Mayweather had a deal he would come in 2nd be announced first, this time he came in 1st and announced first. Did the WBA insist on it this time? or what?
      Probably because Cotto insisted on it since he is the defending champion.
      Unlike Ortiz and Mosley, Cotto actually has some bargaining power.

Comment

Everything seemed traditional, like it should be. Cotto is a PPV earner as well. I think Cotto said in negotiations that Floyd can have his way for everything but keep things traditional. I was very happy with how all the festivities played out

Comment

Cotto was the defending champion. He came in last.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
            Everything seemed traditional, like it should be. Cotto is a PPV earner as well. I think Cotto said in negotiations that Floyd can have his way for everything but keep things traditional. I was very happy with how all the festivities played out
            This is true, plus Floyd had to hype up Cotto a bit and had to keep the illusion that Floyd is the challenger.

Comment

It was pretty respectful feeling all around.

Both guy's showed each other the respect they deserved and I think that's what it was about.

Comment

Floyd didn't fight for Mosley's title.

Challenger is suppose to come out first, so this time I guess Floyd just wanted to go by the rules to make the fight look more respectable. Make himself look as much like the challenger as he can.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  Cotto was the defending champion. He came in last.
                  The right answer. ^^^^^

The defending champ usually enters the ring second.

Comment

Working...
                  X