Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you want Floyd to fight next???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you want Floyd to fight next???

Assumming that Pac and Arum are in fact pursuing a 4th Marquez fight for June 9, 2012....who do you want to see Floyd fight next???

I am mentioning any sane possibility.

Martinez?...The best choice probably for Floyd and Manny, besides themselves. Like I have said from day one though, Floyd and Manny should feel NO OBLIGATION to fight Sergio, who is a MW.

Khan?...A really good choice, in his prime, coming off big wins. But, not quite ready for a 147 fight with Floyd I think. 9-12 months from now, lets do it.

Alvarez?...An alright pick, but something I'd rather like to see maybe in early 2013, after Alvarez has a couple good wins (Cotto, Chavez Jr, Kirkland, etc.)

Bradley?...Wouldn't mind the Bradley pick at all, same goes for Manny. He's prime, top 10 P4P, unbeaten, coming off good wins, fought at 147 before and looked good against Abregu. If Manny or Floyd fought Bradley, they get props, just don't know how they'd sell it to casual fans.

Kirkland?...A good pick, especially seeing that Kirkland just KO'd Angulo, maybe the most feared 154 lb fighter in the sport. But, I'd rather see Kirkland fight Alvarez, Cotto, Lara, etc. Floyd would just pot shot and UD Kirkland. Still, Floyd would have major risk taking a Kirkland fight at 154.

Maidana?...An okay pick, but Maidana really needs to beat Guerrero, Bradley, Rios, or someone big again to start getting mentioned with BIG fights.

Berto-Ortiz II winner?...A solid pick, but nothing spectacular for sure. I can't see Floyd fighting Ortiz again, simply because ortiz didn't arguably beat Floyd or have the upper hand in the fight, like Castillo did (the only rematch Floyd has done). I could see Berto maybe if he KO's Ortiz this time around, but I'd much rather see the Ortiz-Berto II winner fight Khan in June/July for the right to fight Floyd.

Who you want to see him fight next, if Pac and JMM fight again in June???
    Sergio Martinez
    67.86%
    Amir Khan
    21.43%
    Saul Alvarez
    0.00%
    Timothy Bradley
    3.57%
    James Kirkland
    0.00%
    Marcos Maidana
    0.00%
    Andre Berto-Victor Ortiz II winner
    7.14%

The poll is expired.

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
    Assumming that Pac and Arum are in fact pursuing a 4th Marquez fight for June 9, 2012....who do you want to see Floyd fight next???

I am mentioning any sane possibility.

Martinez?...The best choice probably for Floyd and Manny, besides themselves. Like I have said from day one though, Floyd and Manny should feel NO OBLIGATION to fight Sergio, who is a MW.

Khan?...A really good choice, in his prime, coming off big wins. But, not quite ready for a 147 fight with Floyd I think. 9-12 months from now, lets do it.

Alvarez?...An alright pick, but something I'd rather like to see maybe in early 2013, after Alvarez has a couple good wins (Cotto, Chavez Jr, Kirkland, etc.)

Bradley?...Wouldn't mind the Bradley pick at all, same goes for Manny. He's prime, top 10 P4P, unbeaten, coming off good wins, fought at 147 before and looked good against Abregu. If Manny or Floyd fought Bradley, they get props, just don't know how they'd sell it to casual fans.

Kirkland?...A good pick, especially seeing that Kirkland just KO'd Angulo, maybe the most feared 154 lb fighter in the sport. But, I'd rather see Kirkland fight Alvarez, Cotto, Lara, etc. Floyd would just pot shot and UD Kirkland. Still, Floyd would have major risk taking a Kirkland fight at 154.

Maidana?...An okay pick, but Maidana really needs to beat Guerrero, Bradley, Rios, or someone big again to start getting mentioned with BIG fights.

Berto-Ortiz II winner?...A solid pick, but nothing spectacular for sure. I can't see Floyd fighting Ortiz again, simply because ortiz didn't arguably beat Floyd or have the upper hand in the fight, like Castillo did (the only rematch Floyd has done). I could see Berto maybe if he KO's Ortiz this time around, but I'd much rather see the Ortiz-Berto II winner fight Khan in June/July for the right to fight Floyd.

Who you want to see him fight next, if Pac and JMM fight again in June???

you said it best
    Last edited by #CaneloKhan; 11-19-2011, 01:20 AM.

Comment

Maidana might be interesting if he targets the body heavily and makes it a rough fight... if not Martinez would be a great chess match.

Comment

if not pac, then amir king khaaaaaaaaaaan. . .

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO626SGV View Post
          Maidana might be interesting if he targets the body heavily and makes it a rough fight... if not Martinez would be a great chess match.
          Maidana should push for the Guerrero fight in March-May. That was a pretty anticipated matchup, Too bad Guerrero got hurt, he could have beaten Maidana and forced Khan to fight him.

That Psycho Realm picture you got is dope man. It's nice to see some people know what good hip hop still is.

Comment

Martinez. Floyd would beat the rest of those guys easily. Floyd needs to fight someone that can possibly beat him.

Comment

Sirgay then Khan

Comment

I don't want to see a wait drained Sergio Martinez. I'd rather see that fight against Khan, that way there are no excuses.

Comment

Assuming Lil Floyd doesn't get into any more legal troubles, it looks like Cinco de Mayo 2012 is his date. So naturally if he doesn't get Pac, then it almost certainly has to be a Mexican opponent. Low risk/High pay seems to favor old ass Erik Morales and they litter the undercard with Mexicans or Mex/Americans fighting for titles. Floyd can even dust off his silly looking sombrero (courtesy of Uncle Roger) worn for the DLH fight.

Comment

vs Martinez for the middleweight championship is a dream fight for me - I'll take 154, but it loses some luster for me if it's not in the more prestigious 160lb weightclass.

A part of me thinks that when Ellerbe says, "we're going to make the biggest fight possible," that he's speaking in code meaning Pacquiao (the biggest $$$) or Martinez (the biggest weight). Promoters double talk like that sometimes lol. Allows them to not look like liars when plans change

Nobody is really read for a fight of that magnitude other than Martinez or Cotto (yes im serious). Cotto will make good business and will be coming off maybe 2 years now of victories if he beats Marg. I'm expecting him to TKO marg now since the eye is such an issue. Coming off a KO would help his cause and add some legitimacy to the matchup.

Ortiz showed us that there is a HUGE experience gap between him and some of the younger guys out there...I don't want to see another possible future star like Khan get destroyed because he lacks big championship level experience. Khan will get his matchup with Floyd eventually, when he does I want him to have a serious chance to win it not just be happy to show up.
                    Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 11-18-2011, 12:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X