No announcement yet.

Pavlik will eat Duddy for breakfast

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pavlik will eat Duddy for breakfast

In as much as people like John Duddy,he is not anywhere near Pavlik's level.Pavlik has the reach,his jab would drain all the strength off Duddy.Duddy's got no defence and Pavlik's jab will land at will and I cant see Duddy going past 5 rounds

true dat.

I was very disappointed in Duddy last night. He was worse than when he fought Eastman. No head movement, and clearly hasn't been working on the power he seemed to have early in his career. Once again he got cut. I think Pavlik would lay him out, but can't imagine Duddy taking on the fight (assuming the offer is still there). The only thing good out of it would be the money he'd get when he wakes up.

Comment

by watching that fight how is he rated at all.

Comment

Pavlik will kill him.

Comment

I agree Pavlik will destory Duddy,also I think he coould seriously hurt Duddy because of his hugh lack of defense

Comment

Duddy isnt quite there. But you all should give some credit to his game opponent Walid Smitchet. Walid is a great guy and he came to fight. This is the second time in a row that he has fought a higher level compotition and the scorecards did not do him justice. Lets see a rematch here.

Comment

As a Duddy Fan , There is no way he will beat Pavlik I said it after the Howard Eastman fight but looking at him today with the cut in the early rounds he will never be able to get past 6 rounds of the fight

Comment

Have to say one thing though about Duddy's fight at the weekend - it was crackin' entertainment. From a pugilist stance it was a terrible spectacle but for both those fighters still to be standing at the end was something else! It looked like it came from Hollywood!!!

Comment

John wasn't great at the weekend...nowhere near great.Probably one of his worst performances ever.

What I would say though is that he wouldn't approach a fight against better opposition like he did against Smichet.Maybe didn't give enough respect.When he started to box after round 5 he looked much better.

I'd give him a chance against Pavlik.Not much of a chance but a chance all the same.
                  Last edited by IrishGym; 02-26-2008, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Quiet down now everyone, we don't want the odds for Pavlik to win to be TOO great.

Comment

Working...
                    X