No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Roy Jones Jr. Schools Young Moscow Boxers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Roy Jones Jr. Schools Young Moscow Boxers

Moscow, Russia - On Tuesday, the Academy of Boxing in the Luzhniki Stadium had a special guest, as master-class former four division world champion Roy Jones Jr. showed the young Russian amateur boxers a few tricks. Before that, the president of Olympic Committee of Russia, Alexander Zhukov, presented a special gold medal to Jones. The reason for presenting this award is related to the 1988 Olympic Games in Seoul, where Jones suffered a controversial defeat to local boxer Park Si Hun in the final match. [Click Here To Read More]

roy is my 2nd favorite boxer of all time !!!!!!

Comment

THeres one thing he cant teach em

Comment

Cool experience for those kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          THeres one thing he cant teach em
          A good chin?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post
            A good chin?
            ...A chin

Comment

It's cool that Russia has embraced Roy and that he's trying to help promote boxing in that country.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                roy is my 2nd favorite boxer of all time !!!!!!
                personally he is my favourite for a few reasons

in his prime he was in an absolutely different class to anyone he faced

i hear alot of people say he ducked Benn and Eubank but tbh he was a way better fighter than either of them for me there is no debate

teddy atlas once said that we may never know how truly great roy jones is because they was no one in boxing at the time that was able to give him a tough fight to truly test him

leonard hearns duran and hagler all had each other

ali had various dancing partners which just happened to be some of the greatest heavyweights of all time

roy was unfortunate not to have anyone whom he could show his true greatness against

but just look at how easy he beat hopkins and toney two of the best of their generation makes you wonder who else he could have defeated

he beat hopkins with one hand ffs who didn't lose again for 12 years!!

big deal he got knocked out later in his career we forget that he was a jr middleweight who fought guys alot bigger and stronger than himself

as a boxing fan i don't know how you can hate roy jones the man is a class act all the way not like somone like mayweather or tyson

Comment

Benn was exposed by Michael Watson big time. And Eubank couldn't even beat Benn and Steve Collins. Neither one posed a serious threat to Jones.

Comment

Great guy, great legend too bad he didnt know when to retire when it was time. I mean not only for his healthy but legacy, his last fights have hurt his image. This man could have been as great as Pacquiao.

Comment

Working...
                    X