Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was GREATER. Rocky Marciano or Willie Pep.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was GREATER. Rocky Marciano or Willie Pep.

Please discuss and be resonable
    Rocky Marciano was GREATER
    9.52%
    Willie Pep was GREATER
    90.48%

I think Rocky is underrated a fair bit. His era wasn't that good, true. But he beat everyone, and KOd Legit Heavyweights when by todays standards he is a Cruiserweight (If I remember correctly). That said,

Pep was a greater fighter imo.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
      I think Rocky is underrated a fair bit. His era wasn't that good, true. But he beat everyone, and KOd Legit Heavyweights when by todays standards he is a Cruiserweight (If I remember correctly). That said,

Pep was a greater fighter imo.
      Hmmmmmm *THINKS* It might be television over here. Marciano is as GREAT as Ali and SRR...atleast that is what I'm told.

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
        Hmmmmmm *THINKS* It might be television over here. Marciano is as GREAT as Ali and SRR...atleast that is what I'm told.
        I think Ali and Sugar Ray Robinson are both greater than Marciano, but I have never seen it claimed otherwise tbh. And the fact that the Greatest P4P Fighter in hisory, and the Greatest Heavyweight (IMO) of All Time are greater than you isn't really a put down

I still think Rocky does deserve more respect than he is given by some, although some probably do overrate him. But, every fighter is overrated if you talk to the right person.

Comment

Marciano was the greatest heavyweight, Pep was the greatest featherweight.

They were equally great fighters.

Comment

Both heavily overrated the defence king who got brain damage while boxing or the undefeated cruiserweight champion who was knocked down by guys who would be fighting at LHW

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
              Marciano was the greatest heavyweight, Pep was the greatest featherweight.

They were equally great fighters.
              Hahaha I'd lose count picking all the H.W's who'd beat him. If we're talking Ali then I'd have to think really hard

Comment

Originally posted by Unstable89 View Post
                Both heavily overrated the defence king who got brain damage while boxing
                I bet if you had 242 Fights you would come away with a bit of damage as well...

Comment

How do you compare? If the poll was,say,between Sandy Saddler and Willie Pep I could understand.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                    I bet if you had 242 Fights you would come away with a bit of damage as well...
                    Ray Robinson had no problem or Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                    X