At 147 who do you want Floyd to fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Originally posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
      no,wrong..he did not agree to it in negotiation..and after that floyd said the 14 days were off of the table..then manny comes back months later and says oh i agree to the 14 day cutt off after floyd said it was off of the table
      Ooooooh, I wonder why that is.....

Floyd offers 14 days cutoff, Manny says no.

Manny says ok to 14 day cutoff.

Then Floyd says no to 50/50.

Puss ass.

Comment

no,wrong..he did not agree to it in negotiation..and after that floyd said the 14 days were off of the table..then manny comes back months later and says oh i agree to the 14 day cutt off after floyd said it was off of the table
        BUT, why was it off the table??? I thought testing was the only road block???

"take the test!"

"OK, I'll take the test."

Floyd: "Damn! Okay, no 50/50!"

Manny: "LMAO, **** OFF."

Comment

• Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
          Ooooooh, I wonder why that is.....

Floyd offers 14 days cutoff, Manny says no.

Manny says ok to 14 day cutoff.

Then Floyd says no to 50/50.

Puss ass.
          manny had his chance for 50/50 and the 14 day cut off but walked from the table man...why are you pointing the finger at floyd?

Comment

This only verifies that Floyd wasn't true to his word of, "take the test, and it's on."

Why was it off the table???

Comment

manny had his chance for 50/50 and the 14 day cut off but walked from the table man...why are you pointing the finger at floyd?
              Do you know how extremely dumb that sounds???

Do you???

They negotiate. Floyd wants 14 days cut off. Manny wants 24. Floyd says no. Then after Floyd beats Shane, Manny comes out and says, ok to 14 day cut off. Tons of articles saying, "the fight is back on. Manny accepts!"

Then he throws the 50/50 road block into the mix, because his numbers with Shane did well.

Straight up coward if ya ask me.

You say, "walked away from the table." I say, didn't feel like getting bent over backwards with all the sissified demands.
              Last edited by Scarcaztic; 02-07-2013, 10:43 PM.

Comment

This only verifies that Floyd wasn't true to his word of, "take the test, and it's on."

Why was it off the table???
                why the need for a cut off man??floyd wanted 0 days manny wanted 24..the mediator suggested 14 and manny walked

Originally posted by inITtoWINit View Post
                Do you know how extremely dumb that sounds???

Do you???
                how is it dumb??floyd offered him 50/50 then 14 days he turned down both..then all the sudden he said he'd do 14 days and take less money..then floyd calls him and all the sudden he wants 50/50 again

The key stumbling block to making a Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight -- which looms as the richest bout in boxing history if it happens while both are near the top of their games -- has been Mayweather's insistence on taking the lion's share of the money.

On Thursday, during an appearance on ESPN2's "First Take," Pacquiao said he is willing to give Mayweather the bigger slice of the pie.

I'm waiting for that fight to happen. I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me.

-- Manny Pacquiao, on potential fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                Pacquiao was appearing in the Bristol, Conn., studio with Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs). They are in the midst of a tour promoting their welterweight showdown on Dec. 8 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but much of the conversation Thursday centered on a potential Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.

"I'm waiting for that fight to happen," said Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division world champion. "I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me."

In January, Mayweather (43-0, 26 KOs), a five-division champion, and Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) spoke on the phone about a possible deal during which Mayweather offered to pay him a flat fee of $40 million for a proposed fight but would not allow him to share in the revenue. In the original negotiation, Mayweather agreed to a 50-50 split.

"I spoke to Floyd ... and he offered me an amount," Pacquiao said. "He didn't talk about the pay-per-views here and that's it. I can't agree with that. I told him I agree with 55 and 45 (split)."

The other issue that has prevented the fight -- and there have been multiple failed negotiations -- was Mayweather's demand for random blood and urine testing throughout the build-up to the bout. During the first negotiation, Pacquiao at first declined to participate in such testing but has long said he would agree.

He reiterated that during Thursday's interview.

"No problem," Pacquiao said. "Whatever he wants to do."

Even when Pacquiao previously had softened his stance on random testing, there was still an issue about doing a blood test on the day of the fight. But Pacquiao said Thursday he now would be OK with that, too.

"No problem," he said. "Even the night of the fight. No problem."

Mayweather has demanded that his recent opponents submit to random drug testing, in which Mayweather himself also participates. He has accused Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs, despite no evidence, which led to a December 2009 defamation suit.

The suit was another road block to making the fight, but this week a federal judge in Las Vegas ordered Mayweather to pay nearly $114,000 because he continually has refused to appear for a deposition with Pacquiao's lawyers.

The prospect of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight likely disappears if Marquez defeats Pacquiao in December.

Rafael's Boxing Blog
                Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Pacquiao, a congressman in his native Philippines, and Marquez, a four-division titleholder and one of Mexico's all-time greats, will be fighting for the fourth time.

Pacquiao is 2-0-1 against him in three controversial decisions -- a draw in a 2004 featherweight championship fight, a Pacquiao split-decision victory in a 2008 junior lightweight championship fight, and a Pacquiao majority decision win in November, the most controversial bout of the three.

Marquez is 0-2 in welterweight fights -- the November loss challenging Pacquiao for the welterweight belt (which Pacquiao then lost in a highly disputed fashion to Timothy Bradley Jr. in June) and a lopsided decision to Mayweather in 2009.

Marquez predicted during Thursday's interview that if Pacquiao and Mayweather fight, Mayweather would win.

Comment

why the need for a cut off man??floyd wanted 0 days manny wanted 24..the mediator suggested 14 and manny walked

how is it dumb??floyd offered him 50/50 then 14 days he turned down both..then all the sudden he said he'd do 14 days and take less money..then floyd calls him and all the sudden he wants 50/50 again

The key stumbling block to making a Manny Pacquiao-Floyd Mayweather Jr. fight -- which looms as the richest bout in boxing history if it happens while both are near the top of their games -- has been Mayweather's insistence on taking the lion's share of the money.

On Thursday, during an appearance on ESPN2's "First Take," Pacquiao said he is willing to give Mayweather the bigger slice of the pie.

I'm waiting for that fight to happen. I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me.

-- Manny Pacquiao, on potential fight with Floyd Mayweather Jr.
                  Pacquiao was appearing in the Bristol, Conn., studio with Juan Manuel Marquez (54-6-1, 39 KOs). They are in the midst of a tour promoting their welterweight showdown on Dec. 8 (HBO PPV) at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, but much of the conversation Thursday centered on a potential Pacquiao-Mayweather fight.

"I'm waiting for that fight to happen," said Pacquiao, boxing's only eight-division world champion. "I don't know what's the reason why that fight has not happened. ... It's OK for me if he gets a higher percentage than me."

In January, Mayweather (43-0, 26 KOs), a five-division champion, and Pacquiao (54-4-2, 38 KOs) spoke on the phone about a possible deal during which Mayweather offered to pay him a flat fee of $40 million for a proposed fight but would not allow him to share in the revenue. In the original negotiation, Mayweather agreed to a 50-50 split.

"I spoke to Floyd ... and he offered me an amount," Pacquiao said. "He didn't talk about the pay-per-views here and that's it. I can't agree with that. I told him I agree with 55 and 45 (split)."

The other issue that has prevented the fight -- and there have been multiple failed negotiations -- was Mayweather's demand for random blood and urine testing throughout the build-up to the bout. During the first negotiation, Pacquiao at first declined to participate in such testing but has long said he would agree.

He reiterated that during Thursday's interview.

"No problem," Pacquiao said. "Whatever he wants to do."

Even when Pacquiao previously had softened his stance on random testing, there was still an issue about doing a blood test on the day of the fight. But Pacquiao said Thursday he now would be OK with that, too.

"No problem," he said. "Even the night of the fight. No problem."

Mayweather has demanded that his recent opponents submit to random drug testing, in which Mayweather himself also participates. He has accused Pacquiao of using performance-enhancing drugs, despite no evidence, which led to a December 2009 defamation suit.

The suit was another road block to making the fight, but this week a federal judge in Las Vegas ordered Mayweather to pay nearly $114,000 because he continually has refused to appear for a deposition with Pacquiao's lawyers.

The prospect of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight likely disappears if Marquez defeats Pacquiao in December.

Rafael's Boxing Blog
                  Get the latest scoop and analysis on the world of boxing from ESPN.com's Dan Rafael in his blog.

Pacquiao, a congressman in his native Philippines, and Marquez, a four-division titleholder and one of Mexico's all-time greats, will be fighting for the fourth time.

Pacquiao is 2-0-1 against him in three controversial decisions -- a draw in a 2004 featherweight championship fight, a Pacquiao split-decision victory in a 2008 junior lightweight championship fight, and a Pacquiao majority decision win in November, the most controversial bout of the three.

Marquez is 0-2 in welterweight fights -- the November loss challenging Pacquiao for the welterweight belt (which Pacquiao then lost in a highly disputed fashion to Timothy Bradley Jr. in June) and a lopsided decision to Mayweather in 2009.

Marquez predicted during Thursday's interview that if Pacquiao and Mayweather fight, Mayweather would win.
                  It's called not giving into demands from someone with the same clout as you. Floyd wasn't talking to some bum like Guerrero or Alexander.

LMAO. This was LAST YEAR, only a few months ago. I'm talking about 2010.

When Manny said ok to the 14 day cut off. Then Floyd came back with the 50/50 road block, and EVERYONE was calling Floyd a *****!

Comment

LMAO. This was LAST YEAR, only a few months ago. I'm talking about 2010.

When Manny said ok to the 14 day cut off. Then Floyd came back with the 50/50 road block, and EVERYONE was calling Floyd a *****!
                    man after that negotiation in 2010 floyd didnt say a damn thing bout manny,he said he wasnt thinking bout boxing and arum put up that fact ass time clock giving floyd a timeline to reply and he never did and manny went and fought margo..what are you talking about?

Comment

• You don't remember that time period???

EVERYONE on TV, forums, etc. were saying, "just make it 50/50."

Don't even lie, and say that never happened. EVERYONE was scratching their heads at that one, and that's when people started getting hip to Floyd's game.

Comment

Working...
                      X