No announcement yet.

Points off for pushing ? a new thing ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dancovboxer View Post
    It's against the rules bro, just like headbutting is, he was warned AT LEAST half a dozen times not to do it. If he can not follow simple rules then that is his own fault!

It wasn't just this, he sucker punched numerous times, he was getting Peterson in headlocks, elbowing & allsorts in an attempt to survive because he could not compete with Peterson on the inside.

Pushing is illegal, you can't hit a guy with a palm strike or elbows, this is not the UFC!
    ^^^^This, he was warned several times and kept pushing off with his elbow.

Comment

If people are going to question whether or not the deductions were justified just do us all one favor.

Name another fighter and the fight in which they pushed their opponent anywhere near as much as Khan employed the tactic last night.

Comment

He should have deducted points for Khan pulling down Petersons head.This is a constant trick of Khans employed it in the Maidana

Comment

There was one round where khan pulled petersons head down and ref said let him up khan, same round 30 seconds later Peterson pulled khans head down and ref said get your head up khan. Shadiest ref you'll ever see.
          Hatton should have had this ref vs mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            It's "let go" until the ref starts to zoom in on too much of it. Khan must have been warned about it at least a dozen times, before he lost a point. When he was warned ONCE, he shold have become immediately more careful not to do that.

Warnings are not just warnings, they are precursors of points deductions.
            Peterson did the exact same thing when Khan was on the ropes. Whats with you guys ignoring that?

Comment

HE GOT AWAY WITH ABOUT 15 PUSHES CHECK OUT ROUND 9 HE GOT AWAY WITH ABOUT 7.... SO ITS COOL, YES ITS ILLEGAL.... MOVE ON

Comment

Originally posted by any craic lad? View Post
                He should have deducted points for Khan pulling down Petersons head.This is a constant trick of Khans employed it in the Maidana
                Not to mention all the headlocks while Khan looked at the ref with an innocent face lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
                  If people are going to question whether or not the deductions were justified just do us all one favor.

Name another fighter and the fight in which they pushed their opponent anywhere near as much as Khan employed the tactic last night.
                  I out up a YouTube link in thread Ali pushes Fraser 33 times in 3 rounds twice as many as khan in the whole fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                    Now this isn't a Khan cry.

Peterson was a warrior and deserved the win.

However, I don;t agree with the points taken, whether its the rules or not is irelevent. Its what happens in fights normally that should be the standard.

Now, I have nearly 2000 fights on vhs, dvd and hard drive going back to the 60's and iv'e watched them all and most at least 3-4 times and i can't for the life of me remember a fighter being docked points for pushing.

Ali used to hold guys on the inside and then push them off and punch all the time. It was almost his signature move post the vietnam ban.

So why now out of the blue is pushing a deductable offence ?

Anyone got a fight where this has happened before ?
                    Whether it's the rule or not is irrelevant? Irrelevant? Really?

What Ali did is ancient history, and yes, he should have been docked points for many things he used to do, but does that suddenly make all rules obsolete? Just because one fighter didn't get points taken off for doing it? So head butting is ok now because Hopkins gets away with it? Low blowing is perfectly fine and the rules against are irrelevant because Mares gets away with it? That's what you're arguing.

Don't be such a ****ing tool mate. That is the single worst case I've heard for Khan and this fight yet. It is a rule for a reason. If it doesn't get enforced enough then that doesn't change the fact that you cannot shove someone off. It's just dangerous for one, and there were times when I thought he was going to push Peterson literally off his feet. You just can't do that. It's not an irrelevant rule, it's a bloody good one. In boxing you have to fight out, or use certain skills to get out of a clinch. Just shoving off creates too many intangibles that could go wrong. Very, very few fighters in history have shoved guys off them as blatantly as Khan did last night, and other nights. Also, if you have sooooo many fights and are such a wealth of boxing knowledge you should know that this has always been enforced in fights. I have rarely seen someone use it as blatantly as Khan did though and keep using even after been warned constantly and then have points deducted. That's the big difference. Usually fighters get warned, then stop. I have seen many, many fights in which a fighter has been warned to stop shoving off, but I have not seen many that did it so full on like Khan.

'The rules are irrelevant'.

It's good to finally see someone enforcing these lesser enforced rules because they can ruin fights when it doesn't happen. The holding behind the head is one of the worst and Khan should have been docked more points for that than the pushing even.

I just love that one though. 'The rules are irrelevant because Ali also pushed'.
                    Last edited by BennyST; 12-11-2011, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Furn View Post
                      i can't for the life of me remember a fighter being docked points for pushing.
                      If I remember correctly, Mayweather lost points for pushing off Castillo in their first fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X