Broner vs Rees

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broner vs Rees

What do you think?

Broner is improving with fight. I wasn't especially impressed against De Leon but I still thought he did enough to win.

I don't think too many of us expected the demolition of DeMarco though. I thought he might outspeed him but not dismantle him the way he did.

When the Rees fight was made I initially thought 'massacre' but I'm not sure if Broner will be as up for this bout.

I still think he'll win handily & will want a stoppage but I reckon his intensity level will be down & we'll just see him start fast but then settle down to a slow beat down with a 3rd quarter stoppage.

Of course, if Rees freezes on his first US bout it could be all over in a round or two.

If he starts fast, he won't have time to settle down. However, he'll probably treat Rees like a cat does to a mouse and toy with him, trying a few things out and impress the audience. Was it this bout that Broner was talking about when he mentioned turning southpaw?

I don't see him lasting the distance and there might be some money in an over 7.5 as the bookies have it 9/4. Think I'll whack that in an accumulator but my main accumulator will feature Broner winning in rounds 4 - 6.

Comment

I expect Broner to be prepared for Rees just like he is with other fighters. I'm thinking Broner will get him out of there by the mid rounds. Might be from a cut.

Comment

I fully expect Broner to be too skilled and too big for Rees.

So yeah im with the people who are saying mid rounds ko/tko.

Comment

Thanks Lads,

Ross might be right with the cut or even swelling angle.

Tom - is Broner bigger? I know he has a longer reach but aren't they the same height? Or am I wrong? And Rees appears stockier.

Does anyone have their measurements? I'd like to see the wrist & forearm measurements. I remember when Leonard fought Norris & Terry's forearm measurements were like Popeye to Olive Oil compared to Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
            Thanks Lads,

Ross might be right with the cut or even swelling angle.

Tom - is Broner bigger? I know he has a longer reach but aren't they the same height? Or am I wrong? And Rees appears stockier.

Does anyone have their measurements? I'd like to see the wrist & forearm measurements. I remember when Leonard fought Norris & Terry's forearm measurements were like Popeye to Olive Oil compared to Ray.
            I got Broner at 5"7 (according to boxrec) and Rees at 5"4 (according to wikipedia), how authentic they are i have no idea.

I think the size difference will be noticeable in the ring despite Rees having fought at a higher weight... we will know better when they do face to face stuff though

Comment

I can't see Rees lasting past 6,unless Broner toys with him which is obviously possible

Comment

I just looked at Rees's record and he's never been out of England other than a stop off in France! That doesn't set up very well for him to travel to the States and take on a guy that will be in his face! I'll guess its his biggest payday and back to England he'll go to finish out his career, in England!!
                Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  I just looked at Rees's record and he's never been out of England other than a stop off in France! That doesn't set up very well for him to travel to the States and take on a guy that will be in his face! I'll guess its his biggest payday and back to England he'll go to finish out his career, in England!!
                  Ray.
                  This has nothing to do with how this fight pans out

If the fight was in England i wouldn't look at Broners record and say he has only fought outside the US once in Mexico therefore he will lose

Truly terrible logic

Comment

Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
                    This has nothing to do with how this fight pans out

If the fight was in England i wouldn't look at Broners record and say he has only fought outside the US once in Mexico therefore he will lose

Truly terrible logic
                    It's not great logic but hardly terrible. Look at Bute v Froch.

You're right in that we have no idea how well Rees will travel though.

Comment

Working...
                    X