No announcement yet.

Is Leonard Ellerbe right about this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Leonard Ellerbe right about this?

I don't like the guy but I think he may have nailed it as to why bob is so against making the fight. Especially after how Pac had hired outside groups to investigate top rank and the reports pac is only worth $20 million, etc. Makes sense.
    In my opinion, the main obstacle on why, and this is solely my opinion, is why [Bob Arum] hasn't made the fight, is because this would the first time where Manny Pacquiao was able to see what's in the pot of money. And for all of the other pay-per-view fights that he's fought, obviously he would see and obviously he would know that Floyd makes tens of millions of dollars more than he does and he would look at that, in my opinion, and say 'I've been underpaid.' See, because the books would be open. That's my opinion.

Top Rank, in my opinion, want to make their fights internally because they want to control both sides of the promotion. They want to keep the money in their house. That way, the revenue that's in place, they control the revenue. They pay the fighters what they want to pay them, in my opinion. Nobody is looking at their books and challenging what's what.

Thoughts?

Very interesting and he makes some really good points. That could easily be true but part of me thinks Pacquiao can't be THAT naive.

Comment

Originally posted by savorduhflavor View Post
      Very interesting and he makes some really good points. That could easily be true but part of me thinks Pacquiao can't be THAT naive.
      I don't know, I think pac is extremely naive. Even before Floyd was ever a potential opponent, I always said the one flaw with pac was how he's so trustworthy and easily manipulated. He has like a 400 people posse that just leach off him, he signed every contract put in front of his face, he does a lot of stupid things in that regard. He doesn't realize that Michael Koncz was connected to Bob Arum, etc. Great person but definitely naive, imo.

I don't think pac fears any fighter, I think he has a warriors heart.

Comment

I agree I will give Manny Pacquiao benefit of the doubt he can't possibly be that stupid

Comment

you're believing too much about him. this the same person who fired the accounting firm he hired for an audit because bob told him to

Comment

i do think manny is getting robbed

Comment

Man that dude is VERY naive and Arum keeps him in the dark, period. He's getting raped with no vaseline.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                I agree I will give Manny Pacquiao benefit of the doubt he can't possibly be that stupid
                what about hiring an outside agency to investigate top rank, only for michael koncz to convince him to fire them (and koncz was clearly always connected to bob arum)? Stuff like that, it's just...stupid. He's getting ripped off I have no doubt about that.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                  you're believing too much about him. this the same person who fired the accounting firm he hired for an audit because bob told him to
                  Not only that but he got an advance from that company too.

Comment

he differently made some good points. and like u said with the whole vision quest thing. i'v always thought arum was taken advantage of pac anyway

Comment

Working...
                    X