Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sulaiman: Canelo is Ready To Fight Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sterling View Post
    silly fight and easy pay day for floyd but i would like to see cotto take this guy on, hes done well lately granted but cotto has a bit to prove and can get a belt and a new name on his resume.
    Cotto's lost his edge bro. We all love him for fighting nearly everyone but he's not the beastly fighter he once was. He's damaged and easily deterred these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Cleto_Reyes View Post
      floyd dont want none of the young lion in canelo. He O would go after that fight
      You guys have a false sense of hope here. Saul is a good fighter but Mayweather is a great fighter. Floyd will pick this kid apart. Saul is wide open for the right down the middle and by round 4 Mayweather will be landing at will. Mayweather can make the fight competitive is he chooses to stay in the pocket or he can beat him easily by out-boxing him.
      Ghost is the most challenging fight for Mayweather. He will apply constant pressure, trying to wear Mayweather down by constantly keeping his body on him. Saul will give Mayweather room to breathe and that will be his doom.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
        If Guerrero and Canelo are his only 2 options then it makes sense to fight Guerrero first and then Canelo in September. Canelo can fight a legit opponent (unlikely) on May 4th and September will be Floyd's retirement fight. I don't mind this.

Just a few months ago, Manny and Floyd fans were saying Canelo doesn't deserve to fight Floyd. Yall said the same thing about Guerrero. But both have shown interest in the fight, calling Floyd out. But for some reason, FLoyd was instantly ducking both of them because he wasn't speaking publically. Now that its been announced that he in fact will be fighting....people still aren't satisfied.
        somebody gets it

Comment

Originally posted by HAVISJ View Post
          You guys have a false sense of hope here. Saul is a good fighter but Mayweather is a great fighter. Floyd will pick this kid apart. Saul is wide open for the right down the middle and by round 4 Mayweather will be landing at will. Mayweather can make the fight competitive is he chooses to stay in the pocket or he can beat him easily by out-boxing him.
          Ghost is the most challenging fight for Mayweather. He will apply constant pressure, trying to wear Mayweather down by constantly keeping his body on him. Saul will give Mayweather room to breathe and that will be his doom.
          I hate to admit it, but you are right. I am a Canelo fan, but boxing realist. I think May picks him apart and keeps his distance. If Canelo can attack the body, he has a shot at dropping Mayweather. However, in the end if Canelo doesn't get the KO he will lose in the scorecards.

Comment

I can't stand fighters like Canelo. He dodges the entire 154 just for a payday from Floyd. I'm not going to say he doesn't deserve it because this day and age people think that the only thing that matters in boxing is how much money people can make. In my own opinion fighters like him doesn't deserve it but w/e. The funny thing is he dodges Trout to get a fight with Cotto after Trout clearly beat Cotto. He is just chasing pay checks.
            Last edited by Zano-24; 12-19-2012, 12:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
              I can't stand fighters like Canelo. He dodges the entire 154 just for a payday from Floyd. I'm not going to say he doesn't deserve it because this day and age people think that the only thing that matters in boxing is how much money people can make. In my own opinion fighters like him doesn't deserve it but w/e. The funny thing is he dodges Trout to fight Cotto after Trout clearly beat Cotto. He is just chasing pay checks.
              Damn, forgot all about Trout. Trout vs. Canelo will be an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                I can't stand fighters like Canelo. He dodges the entire 154 just for a payday from Floyd. I'm not going to say he doesn't deserve it because this day and age people think that the only thing that matters in boxing is how much money people can make. In my own opinion fighters like him doesn't deserve it but w/e. The funny thing is he dodges Trout to get a fight with Cotto after Trout clearly beat Cotto. He is just chasing pay checks.
                What? He was trying to fight cotto, Kirkland and williams.... but they all flaked! You need to keep up. + Floyd is far better than any 154lber out there. Hes the best in the world!!! You need to Keep up buddy!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
                  What? He was trying to fight cotto, Kirkland and williams.... but they all flaked! You need to keep up. + Floyd is far better than any 154lber out there. Hes the best in the world!!! You need to Keep up buddy!!!
                  when did that mag of roy jones come out in yo sig?

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                    Canelo is slow, but he can punch. He's s a 1-3, 1-2-3 fighter. He either jabs and comes back with left hook to the body, or he jabs, throws a probing right and then comes back to the body.

If he catches Floyd on the ropes, he could do serious damage if he can land punches. That's the key, can he land punches?

He can punch, I give you that. His power though , in my opinion, is not nearly as phenomenal as some think. Cotto (jr) was obviously stunned, yet Canelo couldn't floor him. A shot to death Mosley went to the scorecards.

As for him landing punches, it depends on Mayweather. Go there and throw (rather slow) combinations against one of the best counter-punchers ever is a very dangerous business.

As I said, I can't see Canelo winning unless Floyd is shot, which is also a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeyh1015 View Post
                      I need to keep up? You need to keep it real. Why would he want to fight Kirkland and Williams? Williams was DONE! and Kirkland as we seen has a weak chin and we seen in Kirklands last fight that he is nothing but a brawler, dude has damn near zero technical skills. The Floyd fight is nothing but a payday because when and if he loses people will say what? "Canelo was suppose to lose to one of the greatest fighters of this era". Ask yourself why he still wants to fight Cotto instead of Trout even though Trout just clearly beat Cotto? I hate this generation of boxing. Why are people so blind to stuff like this. The same thing with Chavez.Jr ducking everybody and then getting a beat down when he steps into the ring with real top fighters. The only exception here is that there was no reward for Chavez.Jr when he lost to Sergio. Canelo will get a fat paycheck when and if he loses to Floyd. That is what you are not catching on to. Canelo is becoming nothing but a paper chaser.

Comment

Working...
                      X