Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of these ten ATG'S will you favor over Floyd Mayweather jr H2H?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of these ten ATG'S will you favor over Floyd Mayweather jr H2H?

Roberto Duran at LW
    Chavez Senior at LW
    Sugar Ray Leonard at WW
    Tommy Hearns at WW
    Sugar Ray Robinson at WW
    Felix Trinidad at WW
    Aaron Pyror at LW
    ALexis Arguello at LW
    Pernell Whitaker at LW
    wilfred benitez at WW
    Tommy Hearns at WW
    15.85%
    Sugar Ray Leonard at WW
    15.85%
    Wifred Benitez at WW
    6.10%
    Roberto Duran at LW
    14.63%
    Alexis Agerullo at LW
    7.32%
    Aaron Pyror at LW
    6.10%
    Chavez Senior at LW
    7.93%
    Felix Trinidad at WW
    4.88%
    Ray Robinson at WW
    12.80%
    Pernell Whitaker at LW
    8.54%

Ill go with Aaron Pyror cause he is a cheat but if not him roberto duran and if he cant get it done then of course JCC SNR will handle him easily.

Comment

Here you go...........

First, let me sum up Floyd Mayweather. He is nothing more than a hall of famer who could've been an all-time great. What makes an all-time great is the risk factor and respect for your craft. You have to dare to be great and give the fans what they want to see. We like to see the best fight the best. Mayweather is not as "great" as people think he is. Here is my list based off your list.

Sugar Ray Leonard-Too fast of hand and foot, too smart, too much stamina, and too BIG.

Thomas Hearns-Too BIG. Too strong. Too fast. Great jab.

Roberto Duran-Too tough. Threw too many punches for Floyd. Great body puncher and power in both hands.

Possibly Chavez Sr.-Smart pressure fighter. Vicious body puncher. Workrate could possibly win it for him because Floyd doesn't have the best legs. He's a lateral mover.

Felix Tito Trinidad- Great timing, relentless pressure, belief through 12 in his punching power, very quick hands, good jab when he throws it. Versitle puncher with both hands, and very high workrate.

I also believe that Pernell Sweetpea Whitaker would have beaten him soundly. People often compare their defenses but Sweetpea had billion dollar legs and was hard to hit with even a jab. He also defended against better opposition. Floyd is a lateral defender who relies solely on reflexes. He gives you his body and is susceptible to a good jab. His main weakness is his poor workrate. 40-45 punches a round won't help him against these greats. If you can outwork him, you can win on the cards if nothing else. All of these fighters on the list above have high workrates and Floyd would get hit and get hit often. We really don't know how much punishment he can take because he doesn't fight the best enough. He has proven to be durable though.

Last edited by GOD-FR33; 11-11-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

There are only two guys I will say are definite favors at those weight classes.

Tommy Hearns at WW. Common sense. 6'2, a great big man vs a 5'8 former 130 pounder. Hearn's style also is horrible for Floyd.
        Sugar Ray Leonard at WW. I think is just overall better.

WW is not really Floyd's prime class. As for Pernell, Duran etc. Of course they can beat Floyd, but it's much much closer than Hearns or Leonard at WW.

Comment

Tommy Hearns at WW
          Sugar Ray Leonard at WW
          Wifred Benitez at WW
          Roberto Duran at LW
          Whitaker LW
          Robinson WW

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            Ill go with Aaron Pyror cause he is a cheat but if not him roberto duran and if he cant get it done then of course JCC SNR will handle him easily.
            no. i get the JCC SNR myth, i really do, but no...

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
              Roberto Duran at LW
              Chavez Senior at LW
              Sugar Ray Leonard at WW
              Tommy Hearns at WW
              Sugar Ray Robinson at WW
              Felix Trinidad at WW
              Aaron Pyror at LW
              ALexis Arguello at LW
              Pernell Whitaker at LW
              wilfred benitez at WW
              i voted SRL and SRR at ww, with the caveat being I never saw SRR fight live.

Comment

Pretty much a whose who of guys that would beat Floyd. Although, I'd slightly favor Floyd against Tito at WW.

Comment

Originally posted by 1sballotHOF View Post
                  Pretty much a whose who of guys that would beat Floyd. Although, I'd slightly favor Floyd against Tito at WW.
                  I find that hard to agree with. Hearns will most likely beat Floyd. Either via Ko or he will win every single round having Floyd curl into a defensive fetal shell.
                  Leonard will beat Floyd.

As for 'the rest' it's honestly at worst 40-60. Are you sure Pryor is better than Floyd in a h2h sense? Chavez SR? Sr got the better 'ATG Standings' that' sfor sure. H2H? Hard to say.

Comment

Originally posted by FightScorer View Post
                    I find that hard to agree with. Hearns will most likely beat Floyd. Either via Ko or he will win every single round having Floyd curl into a defensive fetal shell.
                    Leonard will beat Floyd.

As for 'the rest' it's honestly at worst 40-60. Are you sure Pryor is better than Floyd in a h2h sense? Chavez SR? Sr got the better 'ATG Standings' that' sfor sure. H2H? Hard to say.
                    I don't think they win by land slides, but I believe they'd all beat Floyd, besides Tito.

Comment

Working...
                    X