Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else tired of Emmanuel "the windbag" Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael Hall View Post
    I'm getting tired of listening to this guy commentate. He always thinks he knows what's going to happen before it actually happens. And when the outcome does not match his prior prediction, he starts making excuses.

He's also biased as all hell and unlike George Foreman and Roy Jones, I don't learn shizzle about the sport of boxing when he commentates.

Can we please get an intelligent ex-boxer on the HBO staff to commentate the damn fights? LOL! Is that asking too much?

Lennox is actually worse than Emmanuel. His commentating is atrocious, but I can tolerate Lennox b/c he doesn't come off as a know-it-all jackass like Steward.

I wish they could get Roy Jones back. I always felt like I learned more about the sport when I listened to Roy (and George) call the fights with Lamps and Merchant.
    I'm more tired of that biased prick Jim Lampley who quotes compubox as if it's an exact science. His shameful fan boy commentating(Cotto,Delahoya) is worse than anything up there IMO.

Comment

Roy Jones was the best. Max Kellerman is alright too, not bad. what's Bob Papa like by the way? truth be told, I haven't seen the Cotto-Clottey fight, but HBO are the most knowledgable, if i look to the Top Rank and Shobox commentary. the dude from Shobox with the glasses annoys me too.

In short: Manny Steward.. yeah, annoyance..

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        Steward was telling the truth, lamply went into cheer leader mode and brought out him pom poms, and sounded like he was going to cry and wanted to see Cotto quit based on his cut and go to the cards. Dude is a ***g.

Exactly. I tought he couldn't eqaul how bad he was for the Margarito-Cotto fight, but he stayed true to form.

Comment

Emmanuel sure does get annoying. I think he acknowledged Cotto like once in the fight. He didn't say much when it was apparent that Cotto was coming back.

Either way, he's an intelligent dude; sometimes he just thinks he's that much more intelligent than the rest of us.

Max Kellerman needs to go, I swear if I hear him emphasize Margarito cheating anymore I'm going to scream. We ****ing get it. He cheated against Cotto, he cheated against everybody he's faced. Give it a damn rest already. He beats the horse more than anyone I know.

Lederman needs replaced badly too. He's probably the main reason I mute the sound (unless I'm having a party) in between rounds. Lampley...not much you can say about him. I'm one of the biggest Cotto fans around, and hearing him talk about Cotto and I wanted to buy a Malignaggi jersey or something.

The whole squad I guess my point is needs to be scrapped.

I want color commentary, like play by play. Football style from one side. Like a Troy Aikman type. I want a guy who can pick up the subtle things in boxing like RJJ and BHop does and educate the casual and hardcore alike about the things going on and how that is either helping or hurting the fighter win on the score cards. That's all I want

Comment

Manny Steward is the best boxing analyst.

Steward's fair and unbiased to all the fighters, unlike the nuthugger/haters Kellerman and Atlas.

Comment

i dont know if anybody noticed this , i was watching cotto vs clottey yesterday and in the 7th rd there was almost a minute of silence during the rd you could hear everything going on on msg. it was the focking best

Comment

Originally posted by ~Tunney View Post
                Manny Steward is the best boxing analyst.

Steward's fair and unbiased to all the fighters, unlike the nuthugger/haters Kellerman and Atlas.
                r u serious????? he had clotteys balls deep in his throat the whole fight

Comment

Nick Charles
                  Max Kellerman
                  Bernard Hopkins

Those three guys doing the commentary for every single show would make HBO so much better

Comment

yeah i didnt appreciate his bias against Cotto during the first few rounds

Comment

Originally posted by gingeralbino View Post
                      u need a ex-boxer with a big personality to be a commontator, Lennox is too sensible if u know what I mean. U also need someone who knows the sport inside out and still loves it.
                      Roger Mayweather! Subtitles provided if needed.
                      I would pay PPV to see a card commenated on by Roger, Floyd Sr and Floyd Jr.

Comment

Working...
                      X