No announcement yet.

What shot hurts you the most?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What shot hurts you the most?

About 2 days ago I had a sparring session with a dude that has some amateur fights under his belt, bit youger than me, guy with a lot of potential and well, high hopes. I sometimes get myself outmached since I'm one of the 2 southpaws at my gym and from time to time some better boxers need to practice against leftys.

Of course I could of just said no, but what the hell, I went for it. Man oh man did I end up regreting it. So I'm thinking I'll be practicing my good ole routine, use my reach, keep him at bay and piss him off with the trusty jab, but mind defence a bit more since I knew this guy packs some power. My current stamina level couldn't compare to his so I said to myself, maybe do some counter punching also and try to keep a clear head.

That old Tyson line sure applied to me the *Everyone's got a plan untill they get hit* one. I couldn't really complain since the guy didn't go all out, diddn't turn the spar in a slugfest, he was just explosive, fast and precise, all in all, I got my ass handed to me.

What did the trick was a straight right bellow the ribs in the middle, close to the stomach. I had to put the knee down and call it a day. Of all shots taken that one gets me the most. After the spar I got to talk with the dude and he said he went about 70% of his power on that one. I ussualy don't mind gettin hit in the head since I ussualy go with the hooks and shoulderroll and I keep myself away from jabs and straight rights, but I hurt from bodyshots like hell. I get my ab workouts done and use the medicine ball but they still get me.

What's your least favourite shot to get hit with in a spar or match?
    Last edited by Freelancer; 04-14-2010, 05:55 PM.

being short I mostly just get hit on the top of the head.. its my least favourite because it scores points and annoys the **** outta me.

..but a few guys I've sparred with say its the bodyshots that hurt the most

Comment

u said it TS the body..damnit it hurts spec when your body aint in tip top shape it needs to b in and honestly most amateurs are not in that shape yet...i actually have used a good clean shot to where your talken to shut down a bigger dude tryna kill me one day...now he had no skillz wich is worse he was jus throwen hay makers...i dropped under his jab hit him w a hard right to the ribs...and he went down...course after he gets up i hear " ahhh man this week i was benchen and dropped the bar on my chest thats y it hurt so bad" lol what an excuse....

Comment

two days ago i took a wild haymaker to the back. Right in the kidney. Been pissing blood for days and my back is painful to the touch. Even hurts when my feet hit the ground to walk. lol

Comment

Body shots for sure.

I had a friend of mine a while back throw the most friendly looking left hook to my body and I felt literally felt it on the opposite side of my body, on the inside. It looked soft so I didn't block it but boy was I wrong, that did it for me that day.

Comment

A good shot to the liver, kidney, rib sucks.

Rib really hurts and the last thing you want to do is get hit in the same spot. The worst is when someone digs their knuckles under your bottom rib.

On the flip side, there is nothing better in boxing than hearing your opponent make that squeaking sound. If you heard it or did it before than you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Comment

I got hit with a body shot that constantly hurt for a week and then hurt for another week when I would move a certain way like doing situps.

I guess it bruised my ribs or something.

Comment

Liver shot. Or solar plexus

Nose can sting like a ***** too.

Comment

1) Left hook to the body for sure. I've been hit with some vicious ones that really ****ed up my day lol. Would much rather be hit in the face hard.

2) Getting hit hard enough in the nose to where the septum deviates, constant nosebleeds begin to occur, or bruising develops always sucks, mostly because the recovery is horrible and cannot always be correctly fixed if enough damage is done.

3) Getting hit with hard hook when my mouth open can make my ears feeling like liquid is coming out cause they hurt so bad. Those are no fun.

Comment

I sure don't like when they hit my liver clean.

Comment

Working...
                    X