Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ten boxers that have disappointed me most in modern times...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moby

In a way, I wasn't actually disappointed when Moby started losing, especially as I put money on Borehard Slopkins at odds of 3 to 1 and then got to suck myself off in NSB afterwards. The guy was always exciting and a banger, but only in straight lines... when the target's moving, the only thing this daft **** can hit is the bottle.

Yet what did disappoint me was his lack of mental resolve... that "x factor" that Carl Froch possesses in abundance. Against Bore Hard and Martinez Moby was quick to Kessle*, and seeing the modern-day Rocky transform into the modern-day Victor Ortiz before our eyes was a dispiriting thing. Though "de-spiriting" isn't really synonymous with Moby, of course.

* Kessle, adj. to Kessle. "Schnell, schnell... I izt are und resignundshun to lose."

Comment

I agree with the Witter bit.

His snake-charmer offensive against Bradley is one of the worst things I have ever seen in sports, until he outdone himself with a relentless flurry of superfluous foot-movement in the the 12th round of a British title fight in which from rounds 4-12 he managed an output of half a punch.

His ability to make himself look like a spaz is unparalleled. He is a man whose achievements in boxing are undermined by the fact he shaves shapes into his hair at 40-years-old.
      Last edited by Sparked_26; 11-27-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

I can take him being a bell and squandering his own title belt. (Even though Bad Chin - who has since shown himself to be a decent operator, of course - outworked him, his "****ology" tactics allowed him to steal five rounds IMO).

But when he QUITS? Nah man.

Comment

Arturo Gatti
          Ricky Hatton
          Diego Corrales

- Well within each others division
          - Well known fighters that guarantee revenues

These three fighters not having a single fight within them is a DISAPPOINTMENT.

Comment

Mike Jones. Managed to get KOd by a dude who doesn't throw punches.

Pacquiao for not beating the f uck out of Bradley in a rematch.

Edison Miranda. Wtf man... Love this dude but he stresses me out.

And Zab. It's like he's my problem child. He doesn't quite get it...

Maidana for allowing himself to get dominated by Alexander....

Comment

David Reid comes to mind..

Comment

Chris Brown. Never let a b1tch try to knock your teeth out with her face.
                Rhianna tried making me do a masturbate yesterday, but i just thought of Chisora saying "he glassed me, he glassed me!" and came without even having to touch 'it'. Its not a sin if you wank to big black men fighting, coz if like me, you're not gay, then it doesnt count.

Comment

Noose, that makes no sense and total sense at the same time.

Comment

there was a time when i thought linares was a special fighter who could go on to do great things

Comment

Vivian Harris.
                      Solis (so far)
                      Juanma

Comment

Working...
                      X