No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hopkins, Shumenov Motivated By Looming Stevenson Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hopkins, Shumenov Motivated By Looming Stevenson Bout

Rare is the occasion when a fighter will admit to having his eye on a fight beyond the challenge in front of him. However, Bernard Hopkins and Beibut Shumenov are both realists and are well aware that there exists plenty of chatter regarding the extra layers attached to their April 19 light heavyweight title unification bout in Washington D.C.

The fight was already in the works from the moment Shumenov (14-1, 9KO) signed with Golden Boy Promotions late last year. There were concerns regarding what awaited the winner of the upcoming Showtime-televised main event, given that the rest of the best light heavyweights in the world were fighting on HBO. [Click Here To Read More]

Hopkins ever going to have a fight with Olympic Style Drug Testing?

Comment

Originally posted by Snake4380 View Post
      Hopkins ever going to have a fight with Olympic Style Drug Testing?
      you must be a fat slob

Comment

Hopkins beats both with ease

Comment

Bhop,

Why not arrange a fight with Dawson....first show yourself that you can handle the guy.

Comment

Hopkins/Stevenson is going to be big in Canada.

Comment

The Exajuicenor LOL

I hate to say it but Hopkins is on them roids man he's like 78 yrs old whipping ass like Gen off of Street Fighter. His new name is Jack Lalane cause he's a old ass juicer lol. I said it first Bernard the Exajuicenor Jack Lalane lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweatherducks View Post
                I hate to say it but Hopkins is on them roids man he's like 78 yrs old whipping ass like Gen off of Street Fighter. His new name is Jack Lalane cause he's a old ass juicer lol. I said it first Bernard the Exajuicenor Jack Lalane lol
                Do you have any evidence? I think its clear that a boxer with Hopkins style can last long in boxing because he avoids taking punishment.

Same with Mayweather, he's stayed the best for so long because of his defensive style, whereas pac is really becoming worn down of late because of all the wars he's been in. If theres no evidence to support your claims you should be careful not to smear all the hard work Hopkins has put in over the years

Comment

One good thing about Stevenson playing duck, duck, goose is that Hopkins has a chance to win the lineal championship before he retires.

Winning alphabet belts is a big accomplishment don't get me wrong, especially at his age.

But winning a lineal title will erase all doubt across all eras of what he's accomplished at his age.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    One good thing about Stevenson playing duck, duck, goose is that Hopkins has a chance to win the lineal championship before he retires.

Winning alphabet belts is a big accomplishment don't get me wrong, especially at his age.

But winning a lineal title will erase all doubt across all eras of what he's accomplished at his age.
                    you do realize he was just lineal champ 2 years ago right?

Comment

Working...
                    X