No announcement yet.

Let me clear a few things up.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
    I have a question. If Floyd doesn't want to fight at 154 anymore and his last 5 fights are at 147 will u still consider him a duck?
    Floyd doesn't have to fight at 154 and I don't think he should. It's about what's best for his health and the longevity of his career. Canelo could very well put a beating on him. Just not a good fight for Floyd, IMO. He should stay at 147.

Comment

I think the Canelo fight will happen but probably later down the line towards the end of Floyds run. If he has to drop the JMW belt because of inactivity I believe he will. At 36 I'm sure it becomes more taxing to move between 154 to 147 and vice versa every fight.

Either that or he fights Canelo next then leaves the JMW division right after and finishes his career at WW. I honestly dont see him jumping back and forth every 6 months between divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        but that fight didn't happen...
        lol yeah wtf is this guy talking about? He didn't end up fighting Manny EVER.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          but that fight didn't happen...
          Not because of the weight. Manny pulled out of a 50/50 split. Who saw that coming?

Comment

Originally posted by mannyman View Post
            There's no need to be pedantic.

I think most people would agree that Canelo is the Lineal Champ or the best in the division despite how close the Trout fight was.
            No you don't understand. The closeness of the fight was regards to "universally ranked no.2". Just saying people can see it another way.

Canelo isn't the lineal champ because Trout-Canelo was not no.1 against no.2 He simply isn't the lineal champion at 154. Like I said, Mayweather was ranked over Trout. TBRB ranked Canelo at no.5 at 154 at the time of the fight. You're confusing Lineage with the idea who ppl think is the best in the division. There's set criteria for lineage, and Trout-Canelo was far from it, even if the 154 fighters haven't fought much yet

Comment

Working...
            X