No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roy Jones: Cleverly Made Careless Error With Kovalev

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
    No shit, his biggest mistake was signing the damn contract.
    I came here to say this ^^^^^

Still, Clev asked for the fight so I gotta respect that. He wasn't afraid to put it all on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
      Cleverly leaned into Kovalev power begging to be hit. The third round ended 6 seconds early with the ref holding Cleverly up. Watch the clock as it disappears from the TV screen. Someone cheated there for Clev. 6 seconds early the bell rang. Time it.
      I also thought they stopped it early. Ill have to look at it again today to confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesEarl View Post
        Cleverly leaned into Kovalev power begging to be hit. The third round ended 6 seconds early with the ref holding Cleverly up. Watch the clock as it disappears from the TV screen. Someone cheated there for Clev. 6 seconds early the bell rang. Time it.
        Haha Terry O Conner is one of the most corrupt referees in boxing. I am not shocked at all that the time keeper shaved a few seconds off the third round and Terry carried Cleverly on his back to his corner LOL

What I don't understand is why people are saying Cleverly fought the wrong fight. He was never going to beat Kovalev no batter how he fought. Cleverly went life and death with Tony Bellew, that says it all.

Comment

He didn't trade, he stood in front of Kovalev letting him throw combos.

Comment

he didnt fight toe to toe with him. After Cleverly got hit with some monstrous shots he completely lost faith, thats why he couldnt stick to the game plan..he wanted this fight to be over and was actually very nervous before the fight !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

He looked petrified the moment Kovalev started landing. Whatever plan he might have had in mind was gone. I still think he thought he could take the power, and then once Kovalev gassed he could take over.

Comment

Originally posted by La_Vibora View Post
                Guillermo Rigodeaux disagrees.
                That's okay, when he's the best, all roads lead to him anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Hans Landa View Post
                  go back too your little welsh hole

Clev has been exposed .. this was the guys 8th title defence ... who exactly has he fought?????? nobodies

oh i suppose that does make you a Welsh great like your dirty kings Joe Calzaghe and Tom Jones

Who exactly has Tom Jones fought.. yeah thats right nobody
                  Hahaha, I'm not Welsh! I said he could be a welsh great.... thats not saying a lot about him is it!? And Tom Jones is a geeza in any country, so leave the man alone!

Comment

The ref could have DQ-d Kovalev for that shot he landed when Cleverly was down. In the end all the stuff they did to protect Cleverly (carrying him to his corner, ringing the bell early) only prolonged his agony, so I have nothing against the ref

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
                      The ref could have DQ-d Kovalev for that shot he landed when Cleverly was down. In the end all the stuff they did to protect Cleverly (carrying him to his corner, ringing the bell early) only prolonged his agony, so I have nothing against the ref

No one seems to mention that shot when he was down to the back of the head.

To be fair though the fight would have gone the same way, it was only a matter of time but it still was a dirty shot

Comment

Working...
                      X