No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Angulo Doubts He Will Land Canelo Shot on May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Angulo Doubts He Will Land Canelo Shot on May 4th

BoxingScene.com recently caught up with former WBO interim junior middleweight champion Alfredo "El Perro" Angulo (22-2). El Perro has been mentioned as a possible opponent for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez's May 4th return at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. I asked Angulo if he felt he would be chosen for the high profile fight.

"That is a rumor that has been out there for a long time. I have heard that rumor for two years now. Of course I would like that fight. I will fight anybody but I don't think that fight is going to happen. I leave that (choosing opponents) up to Oscar (De La Hoya). There are a lot of good fighters in my division and good fights that can happen," Angulo replied.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Angulo stops Canelo if they ever fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86
      I don't think so. I think the Kirkland fight did something to Angulo. Since his return he has looked less than stellar. He also took a beating from Silva, even tho he won the fight. Angulo definitely has a puncher's chance tho. As a matter of fact, I think Angulo is the weakest opponent at 154 behind Cotto or the same level as him.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Well that's some good news

Comment

I think that 154 is far and away the best division in boxing right now, especially if you include Martinez, GGG, and Floyd in the convo. the possibilities are endless. I hope the picture becomes a little more clear in the next 2 years.

Comment

So angulo it is then

Comment

Originally posted by RlCKY View Post
              I think that 154 is far and away the best division in boxing right now, especially if you include Martinez, GGG, and Floyd in the convo. the possibilities are endless. I hope the picture becomes a little more clear in the next 2 years.
              GGG can make 154?

i think canelo has a little to much of everything for angulo possibly gettin him out of there in 7

Comment

this would b ezy bout 4 Alvarez...he needs/wants an opponent fairly stationary w/not much boxing skills...Angullo is on the down side w/stamina problms..Alvarez would take him before Lara, Vanes, Kirk...

Comment

Originally posted by Rikanlynx86 View Post
                  That is an absolutely ridiculous statement. I hope Angulo doesn't get the fight, as it would be too easy of a fight for Canelo.

Comment

A patient Angulo catches Alvarez clean, hurts him and if he stays calm on the attack, he will finish Canelo. Mot saying Alvarez will get
                    Dominated or anything but Angulo has been in alot tougher.

Comment

Working...
                    X