No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Price Would Face Fury or Chisora For Lonsdale Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tonyu View Post
    Price is a very good prospect and I am following his career closely but he is promoted by a buffoon who does not keep him active enough what the hell did learn against Audley that he can punch - we all know that and Maloney keeps talking about throwing him now with a Klitschko he is young and learning it is too early to face him against Champions who have had so much experience he needs to be active a guided perhaps on the lines of Thompson (who his fighting next he will win but this guy will not offer much resistance but this is already sealed not much we cn do about that) after that fight Chisora who will give him a few rounds if not take him all the way and he will learn more in that fight than he has learnt in the whole of 2012 and he will have his Lonsdale belt) then maybe against someone like Chazz Witherspoon in the states to raise his profile over there after that someone like Shane Cameron and rais his profile in Australasia then Chris Arreola a good stern test and then Helinius some one big like a Klitschko and then he will have 20 or so fights witha lot of experience and then maybe then if comes through these opponents with good performances he can face a Klitschko but if you throw this Kid in to early you could Destroy his legacy before he starts these are a few options - anyone ELse got an opinion on this feel free to share this with me.
    maloney did a good job for lennox lewis & he brought him along slowly gradually stepping up hi competition. price will fight 3 times next year if he stays healthy. i believe he hurt his hand a few years ago so he was inactive for a period. he'd have more fights if he didn't take time off.

Comment

Thanks everyone who responded to my thoughts - About facing Haye the problem with the Haye fight is that Price is a natural Heavyweight unlike Haye who is spoiler who runs from bigger men and perhaps lands with a Lucky punch as he did with Valuev he ran all night and then in the final round jumped and rocked him without Valuev expecting that has as Haye never did that once in the previous 11 rounds, Haye sometime only throws 4 0r 5 punches a round and made Valuev stalk him all night - Haye is spoiler who can land a lucjy punch and even though Price is a better talent but I don't think he has the
      the experience yet to deal with Hayes negative tactics - Price needs to be guided properly. With regards to facing Klitschko just yet no, sometimes a defeat can start putting doubt in his mind even if he puts up a good performance and sometimes boxers go backwards after their first loss, Price has not lost yet so we don't know how we will handle that i give you one example - David Tua after losing to Lennox he went backwards.

Comment

I wouldn't expect too much, guys. Maloney recently said he expects Price to be challenging for the EBU by the end of 2013...

Comment

Fury wont fight Price until he gets beat down by a klitscho

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Chisora has already come out in a interview saying he will not fight price as they are friends so that wont happen unless someone pays exceptional money

Comment

Chisora in the summer.

Price fights Thompson, Chisora returns in March, get it on in May/June time.

EDIT: If Chisora & Price don't want to fight I'd like to see Price fight someone with a similar style/durability of Chisora, we need to see how he reacts to a good pressure fighter. Skelton managed to just walk into him in the first few seconds of their fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                He should perhaps fight Chisora after Thompson, and then move on to some ranked heavyweights.

Price is #14 in the new WBO HW rankings I see.

I just hope he fights often in 2013. Price turned pro around the same time as several heavyweights like Wilder and Pulev who've had more fights.
                I'd rather Price stayed on the same path he is now as opposed to fighting fat arsed bums every few weeks like Wilder.

Comment

Fury, Haye, and Chisora are refusing to fight him. Unless Price shows major vulnerability in his upcoming fight with Thompson, those fighters will continue to avoid him. He should forget about this belt and search for guys overseas who are willing to fight him.

Comment

Price vs chisora would be good to watch

Comment

Frank Maloney doesn't really have many chips left to play with any more so he's understandably protecting what little he does have.

He can't baby step Price through the division for much longer though.

Other than monetary gain, there was no justifiable reason why he should have ever shared the ring with Audley Harrison.

Comment

Working...
                      X