No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon Makes it Official, Announces Retirement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ivan Calderon Makes it Official, Announces Retirement

Former two-time world champion Ivan Calderon has made it official. The boxer announced his retirement, and plans to pursue a career as a coach and director of a new gym built in Guaynabo. The gym opened this morning and WBO held their "Kids Drug Free" program at the facility.

Calderon, 37, was king at 105 and 108 pounds under the WBO and ends his career with a record of 35-3-1 and 6 knockouts. His career began in 2001 with a first round TKO of Sergio Diaz at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, Nevada.

[Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by Mr. Grimm
    you will be remembered as a quitter
    And you will be remembered as a guy who was obsessed with boxing but never stepped a foot in a professional ring. Certainly has done more than most people. Not a great career but not a bad one either.

Comment

He will be remembered as a GREAT PR Boxer
      And you will be remembered by nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
        And you will be remembered as a guy who was obsessed with boxing but never stepped a foot in a professional ring. Certainly has done more than most people. Not a great career but not a bad one either.
        Don't feed the trolls.

Obviously anyone with a clue about Calderon's career knows he is closer to a HOFer than a quitter.

Comment

You are an idiot.

Calderon will most likely go into the HoF and may very well be regarded as one of the greatest little men to ever lace them up. Go away

Comment

Hes retiring cuz he got ktfo twice by Segura, no one is buying that "passing my knowledge" bs

Comment

**** haters...he will be remember as the second best on his division of all time.he is not a quiter. he just too small and was not on his prime anymore. if he was at least 5'4 does guy's who beat him wouldn't stand a chance. he was always on disadvantage.. good look Ivan you give some of the best boxing lesson in the sport...

Comment

Definitely one of my favorite current fighters, and I'm glad for the years in the ring that he give us. I wish him the best in retirement.

Comment

He was a good fighter, not a fan of his style. Good luck him to him in his retirement.

Comment

Best of luck to him in his coaching endeavors. I think coaching will be a great fit for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X