Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo is Ready For Mayweather, Meeting With Golden Boy

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Canelo is Ready For Mayweather, Meeting With Golden Boy

It's been well reported that Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s jail sentence is being pushed back to June 1. The boxer was initially going to start serving a 90-day sentence for a domestic abuse charge on January 6th. Mayweather plans to move forward with a planned fight on May 5th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. There are two leading canididates, Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero and WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez.

[Click Here To Read More]

Good. Get this fight done. At least the kid has the balls to put his record on the line and fight the best out there. Win or lose, the kid could learn alot by fighting Mayweather. Still can't believe Arum is halting a May-Pac showdown but a scum is a scum I guess. Even though Mayweather-Martinez wouldve been the next big matchup, this will be an intriguing matchup. Canelo has the power and is going to have to land a ko to win. Floyd could frustrate Canelo, but one thing is for sure, I don't see Canelo losing his cool like Ortiz did. Canelo is a very patient Mexican boxer. And as Floyd approaches his mid 30s, Floyds opponents become bigger threats. Floyd aint getting any younger and could lose speed and power as he continues to fight. Modern day Boxing marvels don't go undefeated. Nobody thought Tyson would lose, nobody thought Roy Jones Jr. would lose. So as Floyd keeps fighting, you never know when that one opponent could shock the world and pull off the upset over Floyd. As for the Mayweather-Alvarez clash. It would definitely do big business for a cinco de mayo weekend. Estimating 1.5 -1.8 million ppv buys.

Comment

I think May 5 will be Mayweather vs Alavrez I think it will be a great fight
      Last edited by MrClutch85; 01-07-2012, 07:25 AM.

Comment

At least Canelo is trying to make a fight with Mayweather and actually called him out. Good for you Canelo! I think it will be a somewhat entertaining fight to be honest.

Comment

may 5th is going to be Mayweather vs Alvarez 100%

Comment

interesting fight will be great experience for Canelo but a few years too soon i'd say but why not take it. Gave up hope of a Pac-May fight so doesn't bother me anymore when it's hyped then doesn't happen

Comment

For all the big fights arum has made and will make, he will be remembered as the main reason pac/may never happened. lots of us have been waiting for arum to step aside from top rank and now more then ever we won't see that so i say to bob, may you pass in your sleep, as i dont wish pain on anyone. The sad part is at the beginning of bobs career, he may have actually cared about the sport we all love, sure doesn't anymore.

Comment

Canelo, you're late....it's Guerrero a long time ago.....

Comment

The Canelo kid has fast hands and can bang, un top of that he is a technician , floyd better stay off those ropes .

I like this fight much more then floys vs ghost

Comment

It good fight.

Floyd like to beated little women. josie harris.
                    Canelo like to beated little man. solis

they beated people who not defend themselves.

Comment

Working...
                    X