No announcement yet.

Why dont Chris John and Gamboa fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why dont Chris John and Gamboa fight?

I dont really follow the lighter divisions of boxing i kind of follow the top guys such as gamboa though. Have they ever challenged each other? Why has this fight not been made yet?

What would happen if they fought?

Chris John, who is the longest reigning champion in boxing right now, seems to be content with defending his belt in Indonesia against sub-par opponents.

Actually his last fight against the decent Daud Yordan was one of the biggest fights in Indonesia's history.

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
      Chris John, who is the longest reigning champion in boxing right now, seems to be content with defending his belt in Indonesia against sub-par opponents.

Actually his last fight against the decent Daud Yordan was one of the biggest fights in Indonesia's history.
      He also makes ok money over there with no real risks....

It is a shame... I hated on him alot, but he is a world class boxer but rather stay overseas....

I think it kinda stung him that Marquez, a guy he beat... has gotten an unholy amount of money after losing to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post

It is a shame... I hated on him alot, but he is a world class boxer but rather stay overseas....

I think it kinda stung him that Marquez, a guy he beat... has gotten an unholy amount of money after losing to him.
        Not speaking for myself, but the general consensus is that Marquez was on the receiving end of some home cooking when he went over to Indonesia to fight John.

Comment

Originally posted by Afactor4 View Post
          Not speaking for myself, but the general consensus is that Marquez was on the receiving end of some home cooking when he went over to Indonesia to fight John.
          I thought Marquez won in a tight fight... but the fact that most thought that coming into that fight Marquez would have rolled over him speaks well on Chris John's ability.

Comment

Because Chris John puzzy ass don't wanna leave Indonesia or wherever the **** he from.

Comment

Originally posted by Zocalo View Post

john knows he didn't beat him so i don't think he's too mad. if john wanted the big bucks he would come to the usa and fight guys like gamboa and lopez but he doesn't care. when you can trick people into giving you good money for fighting tomato cans why risk losing?

Comment

John looked super mediocre against an average fighter in Rocky Juarez, Gamboa would win easy if they ever fought and John probably knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by teddycanyon View Post
                  John looked super mediocre against an average fighter in Rocky Juarez, Gamboa would win easy if they ever fought and John probably knows that.
                  I am no John fan, but he didn't look medicore... he made Juarez look like what he was... nothing more than a gatekeeper and got shafted by hometown scoring by Juarez.

Sure... he got hurt when Juarez actually gave a **** and let his hands go in the 1st fight at the very end... but even the great MAB got wobbled by him.

The 2nd fight was a route... You could tell that John is a world class fighter. It was reminiscent of the MAB rematch but even more one sided in my opinion.

All that said... Gamboa would run over John. John doesn't have enough pop in his punches to keep him off of him and would get KO'ed.

Comment

good fight . well worth watching just to se john get really tested.
                    cant take nothin away from john as he has held this title for a long time but in saying that gamboa is one of them special fighters that comes round every now and again.
                    good thread....
                    definaltly a ppv fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X