Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does there have to be a law that says we can't live forever?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does there have to be a law that says we can't live forever?

I had this gash on my arm because i fell on some glass..

and it's been getting better every day, and now my skin is 100% except for some discoloration.

Why can't our bodies do this forever? Why does it only work for 80-100 years and then it stops renewing itself?

There has to be something in the body that tells the cells that it's time to stop and that it's time to start dying.

even babies come from our cells, and from those cells, instead of growing old and dying, renew themselves to create new life.

why can't our existing cells act like that too?

It would get so over populated over time that everyone would starve to death anyway. Its better this way, life is tough and it would get very boring after I guess the 400 year mark, I wouldn't want to live forever.

Comment

I'm glad we don't live forever but I wish we didn't have to go through a decline first before dying. Instead of growth> peak> decline> death, it should be growth> peak> plateau> death.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        It would get so over populated over time that everyone would starve to death anyway. Its better this way, life is tough and it would get very boring after I guess the 400 year mark, I wouldn't want to live forever.
        The only way it would work is if only a few were allowed to live forever.. and only the incredibly wealthy.

O.k I got a conspiracy theory lol... what if... there has been a way to renew cells? And the ones who can afford it, are the ones that are trying to keep it secret..

Why else has all stem cell research been halted and made illegal? Why does it seem like everything in civilized countries is designed to dumb us down and make us all act like sheep?

Maybe that's what the Illuminati is. Maybe they're the ones on population control. There will always be wars and there will always be mass ****cides, but why? Are people really that bad? Or are they conditioned to be so..

o.k i'm done lol- other people here make conspiracy theories so I thought i'd try too.

Comment

I think we are living far too long as it is.

And we're only going to live longer. 1 in 6 in England are now expected to live to 100-years-old or more. Ridiculous.

If I turn 80 and I'm still alive I'm going to become: a vigilante, cage-fighter, lion-tamer, incompetent magician's assistant, motorbike jump contender, amateur wrestler, a matador, a rugby player, a man who eats glass, and finally a man who does that weird masturbation that involves hanging yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_1985 View Post
            I think we are living far too long as it is.

And we're only going to live longer. 1 in 6 in England are now expected to live to 100-years-old or more. Ridiculous.

If I turn 80 and I'm still alive I'm going to become: a vigilante, cage-fighter, lion-tamer, incompetent magician's assistant, motorbike jump contender, amateur wrestler, a matador, a rugby player, a man who eats glass, and finally a man who does that weird masturbation that involves hanging yourself.

Comment

why are u always asking these questions on a boxing forum...no offense but most of the people u'll find here arent academics which is whom u need to target for these questions...

there is no conspiracy...the only people often willing to accept a simple explanation like that are the ones uneducated. cells start dying from the first month we're born...our body works in such a way that our cells need to kill themselves because theyre no longer useful...thats why every 7 years most of the cells in ur body have renewed themselves with the exception of neurons (braincells). braincells can only die and once they do theyre gone forever...ur brain compensates for it with axons and branch-connections but there is only so much it can do

stem cell research has been deemed illegal because of ethical issues in experimenting with unborn phoetuses. why wouldnt u want to build a house on a former graveyard? ethics are the most consistent roadblocks for progressive science but its also what makes the general population different from compulsive psychopaths.

Comment

it should be like Mork and Mindy

we're born old and age backwards and die as babies

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  it should be like Mork and Mindy

we're born old and age backwards and die as babies
                  who looks after the old people or do they have fend for themselves?

Comment

I don't want to live forever, that would suck.

Comment

Working...
                    X