Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

for $150000, can you live as a Hermit for 1 year without any technology...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
    Doesn't seem like you thought this through very much. Are all necessities provided for? Food, shelter, etc.? Or do you have to work your ass off like a pioneer? Is electricity allowed?
    some will provide you food, but you can catch fish or any animal..

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
    Yea, not a problem at all. Dumb question. I can hunt and fish like a mub
    yeah you can hunt too if you get bored...

Originally posted by Medved View Post
    Id do it for free.

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
    Human beings are creatures of habit, given enough time we can and will adapt to almost anything. Look at the dudes\dudettes living on the streets and underground in cardboard boxes.

1 year would be easy work, once you adjust .....
    good enough...

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    do I still go to work and get my wages?

if not it's not worth the difference
    no work and no human contact...

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
    i would go on a year long vacation from life for 150K. as long as i have enough weed and plenty of book to last me. those an other necessities.
    books are fine..

Comment

I'd love to be tough and say no problem but I don't think I'd last. No music whatsoever.. damn idk if I could. Now rewind to 88 when I was in Honduras and I'd say hell yeah. Not today though

Comment

give me two hustlers and a cow or two and I would find a way to survive for a year and collect that 150

Comment

Could i? Oh yeah and I would love it, hunting and fishing all day, growing some nice natural herb and watching the world go by whilst making peace with nature, with some good coin in the bank waiting for me...sounds like bliss.

Would I? No way, because after leaving my business alone for 12 months I would be in big trouble and for $150K it's just not worth it

Comment

Can I get the 150 thou up front? Do I have to live Jeremiah Johnson status, hunting beaver and grizz and ****? I would love to do that, live like a real ****in man.

Comment

I think this would be a interesting thing to try. My only problem would be who would pay my bills while I was away?

Comment

I already did it for 2 years in The Dominican Republic...you can also add to that list infrequent electricity which also means no water pump so cold shower from stored jugs of water...and nobody paid me a dime.

Comment

£90,000 UK is a nice amount of money to have in the bank, though considering the average wage is around £30,000, the extra £60,000 isn't really worth it when you factor in how dull your life would be alone in a shack without any human interaction. So no.

The answer would be yes if I was on an island in the Indian Ocean. Weather and lifestyle would be a big factor. Living a hermits life in the Yorkshire Dales isn't very tempting.

Comment

Yes I could, but I don't want to. Too damn boring. Reading and training all day for a full year? Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by RetiringScene View Post
                      ...without any technology (tv, computer/internet, radio, cellphone/smarthphone, etc.

you mean away from the world, no screaming kids, no people, no work, nobody bothering me, no wife telling meet to throw out the garbage , no mowing the lawn in the summer or shoveling the snow in the winter and getting my bills paid and getting a check on top of that, bro asking a married person this is like a dream come true, pm me the address to the one above so I could put it on my GPS and be out,
                      all I need is a big cardboard so I could slide down that hill everyday.

Comment

Working...
                      X