No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Juanma-Gamboa won't fall like Alexander-Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Juanma-Gamboa won't fall like Alexander-Bradley

Top Rank's CEO, Bob Arum, advised BoxingScene.com that a featherweight unification between WBA/IBF champion Yuriorkis Gamboa (19-0, 15KOs), and WBO champion Juan Manuel Lopez (30-0, 27KOs), will only happen when the public demand has reached a certain level. Arum tells BoxingScene that he won't allow Lopez-Gamboa to end up like the recent 140-pound unification between unbeatens Devon Alexander and Timothy Bradley.

[Click Here To Read More]

no habla engrish : ARUM

Comment

hmmm, i gotta admit that makes sense.

Comment

As I said before, this fight will happen in the fall of 2014..they will be full fledged welters by then.

Comment

business sense it is spot on

Comment

Originally posted by mushahadeen View Post
            hmmm, i gotta admit that makes sense.
            Yeah he's right, makes alot of good points. The demand just isn't so high and Gamboa's last 2 performances aren't helping either...

Comment

Please the hardcore fan, maximize revenues: more often than not these goals are mutually exclusive.

Comment

so he's going to keep feeding us shi t fights with them cuz he doesn't want them to lose?

plus that whole promotion of bradley-alexander was ths third rate. bob could have probably sold that fight out (local fighters on undercard, better street level promotion, more tommy hearns etc).

bob is just using this as an excuse to keep holding this fight hostage.

I don't hear much more outcry for juanma/gamboa right now than I did one year ago.

Comment

at least alexander bradley actually got made. arum REFUSES to make this fight....

Comment

I know Arum plan. When one one or both of them are close to free agency, that's when the fight will happen. Arum will pay them good money to make the fight but they will also have to extend their contract....smart man LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X